Monkey Island Madness Roland MT32

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Noelemahc

Re: Hmmm...

Post by Noelemahc »

GrubbySeismic wrote:Def. one for the Easter Egg catalogue then, methinks? I'm not even sure it'd be easy to get hold of a Floppy version now...
Unless you own it from way back or find someone willing to part ways with his copy, then no, no easy (and legal) way.
LogicDeLuxe

Re: Monkey Island Madness Roland MT32

Post by LogicDeLuxe »

eriktorbjorn wrote:Besides it's a well documented fact that everyone thinks the first version they ever heard of the Monkey Island theme is perfect, and everything else is just pale imitations... even if the first version they heard was played on the PC speaker. :)
Not really. My personal order of playing: Amiga, PC speaker, Adlib, MT-32, CD-Audio, PC junior.
My thoughts: PC speaker, PC junior and even Adlib sound rather dull. Amiga is average which makes good use of the Amiga hardware. MT-32 and CD-Audio are different, but of equally superb quality, ie. the best available versions.

Btw. the stump joke was also removed from the Amiga version which also comes on 4 floppies. This pretty much proves that having the game on CD wasn't the actual reason, but in deed the annoyed help line employees.
theruler wrote:Funny thing,
in the italian version the stump joke text is slightly different
Interestingly, the German version also makes it very clear that it was a joke. The popup messages are translated pretty accurate, but after them, Guybrush says something like "I can't go down there. I think that part of the game wasn't coded yet."

Although, Guybrush's original text should be hint enough on this, actually.
GrubbySeismic wrote:I'm not even sure it'd be easy to get hold of a Floppy version now...
If you would go with a German version, it shouldn't be hard to get a legal copy on CD, since it's the only version they sold in Germany. Oddly enough, there is a multilingual version of the enhanced CD which includes the German translation, but it wasn't even included in any German compilation.