Re-buying the classics

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Jorpho wrote: I've asked before if anyone's had success in purchasing I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream from the Harlan Ellison Store, but I never got a response.
All I know is that it worked a few years ago, when ScummVM first started supporting the IHNM intro. From what I remember, they didn't ship computer games overseas then (I don't know about now), so a friend of mine in the US had to order it, and pass it on to me.

The copy I received was the complete thing, including the cardboard box and mouse pad.
Southern Gospel Rocker

Post by Southern Gospel Rocker »

spookypeanut wrote:Was not Jorpho referring to a legal download? I.e., paying for it?

You do not know how long I've wondered if you could download games legally, pay for and download instead of waiting all that time for the disks to arrive.
Jorpho

Post by Jorpho »

Southern Gospel Rocker wrote:You do not know how long I've wondered if you could download games legally, pay for and download instead of waiting all that time for the disks to arrive.
Well, that's what Steam, Gametap, TryGames, RealArcade, TotalGaming.net, MatrixGames.com, and so on and so forth are all about. The list goes on.

Not that having to wait for a 6 GB download is necessarily a real picnic. And there's a lot of stuff that's currently only available in North America due to licensing restrictions. But it's definitely out there.
Retrogamer

Post by Retrogamer »

I've had to rebuy a lot of games for a variety of reasons. I lost my original S&M disk but found a used copy at a flea market and talked the guy down to 50 cents! I loaned my copy of The Dig to my ex girlfriend, and she kept it after we broke up, so I bought myself an opened copy of it from everyone's favorite auction site. I just recently re-bought unopened boxes of Grimm Fandango and I Have No Mouth from a friend of mine who worked at EB nearly 10 years ago. Of course, I promptly opened them and beat Grimm Fandango in 2 days...Now I'm working on I Have No Mouth. Great game!
I had to rebuy Indiana Jones and TFOA because my original was a disk copy for the Mac, and now I just have a PC with a CD drive. I also had to rebuy Full Throttle on a PC-CD.
I had to rebuy the Space Quest, Kings Quest, Leisure Suit Larry, and Police Quest games when they came out in collections because I had most of them for the Apple IIgs, Amiga or my long suffering line of Mac LCs. I sold all of my games for those platforms when I sold those computers. It was actually those collections that allowed me to experience playing Space Quest V, Kings Quest IV, Leisure Suit Larry III and "VII", and Police Quest IV, because they were either not available for the computers I had, or I just never picked them up.
Even though they're not SCUMMVM related, I had to rebuy Amerzone and Broken Sword 3. I sold Amerzone to a friend after I got really frustrated with it, but then I beat Syberia I and II and decided I should play the prequel, so I bought a boxed copy from that auction site again. I lost all of my Broken Sword disks at one point or another, so I bought the Broken Sword Trilogy when it came out.
Other than that, all of my "old" games are my first buys. Thank god for eBay, Amazon, and flea markets!
brat_1
Banned

download fate of atlantis full version

Post by brat_1 »

i downloaded indiana jones foa full edition for free from the net
Retrogamer

Re: download fate of atlantis full version

Post by Retrogamer »

brat_1 wrote:i downloaded indiana jones foa full edition for free from the net
And that's very wrong.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Re: download fate of atlantis full version

Post by md5 »

brat_1 wrote:i downloaded indiana jones foa full edition for free from the net
We don't care, it's illegal. Forum rule #0

Seems you're referring to warez on purpose for some strange reason, this is not tolerated here in any way