What about the old Gabriel Knight adventure running on Scumm

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

kicker04
Got a warning

What about the old Gabriel Knight adventure running on Scumm

Post by kicker04 »

I know this is not a wishing well, but hey it would be nice! The game fits to your concept anyway ;)
Noelemahc

Post by Noelemahc »

It's SCI256-based. And the various varieties of the SCI engine are the domain of the FreeSCI project, and the details of not adding SCI support to ScummVM have been chewed over quite a few times too many. Need I say more?
kicker04
Got a warning

Post by kicker04 »

Aha :?
Collector

Post by Collector »

Besides, GK1 and GK2 run very nicely in DOSBox.
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

Collector wrote:Besides, GK1 and GK2 run very nicely in DOSBox.
And if you don't want to fiddle around with that you could always check out these GK 1 & 2 WinXP installers. It even turns GK 2 into a single disc DVD. Nice.[/url]
Collector

Post by Collector »

Jonatan wrote:And if you don't want to fiddle around with that you could always check out these GK 1 & 2 WinXP installers. It even turns GK 2 into a single disc DVD. Nice.[/url]
Those installers have had issues lately, especially with Vista and Hendroz, the creator of the installers, seems to have dropped out of sight. Also it won't run on anything but 32 bit Windows (forget Macs, 64 bit Windows or Linux). Much better to use DOSBox.
kicker04
Got a warning

Post by kicker04 »

I got the dvd of Gabriel Knight 2. How can I run the game with DOSBox? I'm not experienced in DOS commands. Could somebody please help me?
clem

Post by clem »

kicker04 wrote:I got the dvd of Gabriel Knight 2. How can I run the game with DOSBox? I'm not experienced in DOS commands. Could somebody please help me?
Wrong forum for that kind of question; try http://vogons.zetafleet.com/index.php?c=7