Implementation of video output from ScummVM?

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Longcat

Implementation of video output from ScummVM?

Post by Longcat »

Hi, I was just wondering if it would be possible to make ScummVM output video or at least make it possibe to switch between the drawn ingame cursor and windowscursor for those of us who want to capture gameplay footage?
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

One hot and sunny day in January some guy implemented a wonderful feature into this forums

He called it SEARCH and here is what it does...

Oooohhh :-o

Aaahhhhh 8-)
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

well, yes, thank you for your overly patronizing answer, but that wasn't really what I was asking about. I have read both threads before. I was just wondering if there was any interest in having ScummVM itself output video, or making it possible to switch between the drawn hardware cursor and the regular windows one.

Oooh

Ahhh
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

well, yes, thank you for your overly patronizing answer
Oh, absolutely no problem, you are very welcome :-)
I have read both threads before
Sorry, bit that wasn't clear from your intitial post
I was just wondering if there was any interest...(snip)
I can't speak for the devs myself, but i'd say If you want to implement it yourself, go on
I'd rather see new engines and overall experience of ScummVM enhanced and/or added.

Not too sound too discouraging ... it's just a feature request
for you to fill out, but don't expect it to happen (soon/ever/whatever) ;-)
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

Ok, thank you again. I'd be happy to help develop such a feature in any way I can, should that be the issue. I was merely asking if there was anyone else interested in such a feature or if it was at all possible. If I were interested in knowing about your nonexcisting interest in the abovementioned, I propably would have sent you a PM.
And no, I do not feel the need to mention unrelated forumthreads in my posts when asking a question.

Thanks again to the devteam for doing a superb job:)
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

I'd be happy to help develop such a feature in any way I can, should that be the issue. I was merely asking if there was anyone else interested in such a feature or if it was at all possible.
You might want to join #scummvm on irc.freenode.net. Many devs are on there quite often

Otherwise if you feel content enough to take the next step you might want to file a feature request already

Have a nice day and don't let suckers bring you down ;-)
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

See, that was more along the lines of what I was looking for in a reply. Feels good being nice, doesn't it;)
Thank you & have nice day yourself.
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

Maybe we are getting a little sarcastic along the lines
becasue so many people just pop in ask something that has been
asked a million times before without trying to read the manuals,
the wepage help and/or using a simple search function.

No offence :-)
See, that was more along the lines of what I was looking for in a reply. Feels good being nice, doesn't it;)
I can't tell you how good :-D
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

Well, it would seem we made eachothers day in the end though, don't you think:) Sorry for not quoting, but we seem to be the only ppl responding to the thread, hehe.

Still looking for input on this one, if anyones interested however.
Retrogamer

Post by Retrogamer »

at least make it possibe to switch between the drawn ingame cursor and windowscursor for those of us who want to capture gameplay footage?
I, for one (now that I'm done lurking), would love to see that feature in SCUMMVM. If DOSBox can do it...
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Jonatan wrote:Well, it would seem we made eachothers day in the end though, don't you think:) Sorry for not quoting, but we seem to be the only ppl responding to the thread, hehe.

Still looking for input on this one, if anyones interested however.
I would recommend to use DXA for at least video, but you need to resolve sound issues somehow.

But as I've told you on #scummvm, there is no guarantee of constant refresh rate in ScummVM, so I don't know how difficult would be to resolve this issue.

Eugene
luigihann

Post by luigihann »

The cursor thing should be doable, isn't it? I mean, the DS port has the option of keeping the cursor invisible, so it seems like it should be possible to separate that out. . .

And I know this guy would be interested in such a feature.
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

luigihann wrote:The cursor thing should be doable, isn't it? I mean, the DS port has the option of keeping the cursor invisible, so it seems like it should be possible to separate that out. . .
I didn't know that. Does that mean that such a feature is already implemented in the SVN engine?