3 Skulls of the Toltecs

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Track505

3 Skulls of the Toltecs

Post by Track505 »

Is this Game playable with scummVM 0.8.0? It look likes scumm.
http://www.scummunity.de/~falko/3skulls.htm
Track505

Post by Track505 »

ok :D works not . is this game with scumm engine?
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

The game doesn't use the SCUMM engine.
Look at http://www.scummvm.org/compatibility_stable.php to see what games are supported.
yS

Post by yS »

It uses the PITCURe engine. Nothing to do with scumm.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

yS wrote:PITCURe
PICTuRE, no idea how to deabbreviate that though. The Westerner also used this engine.

Eugene
Reckless

Post by Reckless »

They're Spanish so who knows what it could expand as :)

Revisitronic didn't respond when I enquired why they don't self publish 3 Skulls as a download only game. There's only ever one or two each month or so on eBay and this has meant it's kept its rare (expensive) status.

I run the Windows version under XP without issue and maybe cross platform is possible using the DOS version and DOSBox?!
Mirko

Post by Mirko »

My Copy of "The Westerner" contained a copy of "3 Skulls of the Toltecs" for Free. Unfortunately I didn't really play both games for very Long, because of World of Warcraft...
gonzalo.gomila

Post by gonzalo.gomila »

"Igor: Objetivo Vikakohnia" and "3 Skulls from the Toltecs" looks like Scumm Games.... maybe in the future we can play it in ScummVM?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

gonzalo.gomila wrote:"Igor: Objetivo Vikakohnia" and "3 Skulls from the Toltecs" looks like Scumm Games.... maybe in the future we can play it in ScummVM?
That a game looks like a SCUMM game on the outside does not, of course, mean that the game engine is anywhere close to it. That said, there is a work-in-progress engine for 3 Skulls of the Toltecs in the development version of ScummVM. I'm told it works fairly well, but I've only looked at the very beginning myself.

Other than some minor recent bugfixes, there haven't been much activity for it lately though.