ScummVM 0.11.0 "Your Palindrome" Released

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

clone2727
Retired

ScummVM 0.11.0 "Your Palindrome" Released

Post by clone2727 »

ScummVM. Do you hear it? Do you smell a new version? It's now here. And as usual and regularly, it is packed with tons of new features. Hold on, and take a look at the list:

* Support for the FREEWARE adventure Lure of the Temptress (available for download here)
* Seven other new supported games: I Have no Mouth, and I Must Scream, Elvira 1 and 2, Waxworks (Amiga version only) and 3 Sierra pre-AGI games for children
* Two newly available ports: iPhone and Maemo
* Support for the Mac version of The Legend of Kyrandia and the Amiga version of Nippon Safes
* Better support for Sierra AGI games
* Improved support for modern 64-bit systems
* Support for FLAC encoded music in Broken Sword 1 for the purists among you
* Better support for non-English versions of games, including eastern languages
* Sound compression for SAGA games
* Much much more. See the release notes for the full list

Unfortunately, PlayStation 2 and GP32 ports will not be released with this version, since we don't have any maintainers for these ports currently.

Enough reading, go and grab it at our downloads page!

PS. 0110b = 6
Glorfindel

Post by Glorfindel »

And again... congratulations for all your work :D
[vEX]
ScummVM Webmaster

Post by [vEX] »

Thanks for all the hard work! :-)
JamesWoodcock

Post by JamesWoodcock »

Just fantastic work as per usual. I am sure everyone who uses ScummVM appreciates the hard work you all do for us.

All the best...
saulob

Post by saulob »

yep, congrats :)

nice one....
GrubbySeismic

Post by GrubbySeismic »

I am grateful for the work put in to one of the biggest software ports I've seen since PS2 Linux! Basically: SVM r0k0rz 8)

I have a feature suggestion, that which I feel is quite a small additional tweak to an otherwise all-powerful behemoth:

When you are playing a trad' SCUMM game (e.g. SAM:HTR or MK1), and choose quit from the menu available when pressing F5, can it not send the user back to the game-select list? Pretty please?

Apologies for replication of a topic (if applicable - I have searched for "F5 menu functionality") and in advance for all the time all the peeps about to flame me will be badly using 8)
clem

Post by clem »

GrubbySeismic wrote:When you are playing a trad' SCUMM game (e.g. SAM:HTR or MK1), and choose quit from the menu available when pressing F5, can it not send the user back to the game-select list? Pretty please?
http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=5112

also, what's MK1? :)
kicker04
Got a warning

Post by kicker04 »

"I Have no Mouth, and I Must Scream" works great on ScummVM! Excellent work!!
GrubbySeismic

Post by GrubbySeismic »

clem wrote:
GrubbySeismic wrote:When you are playing a trad' SCUMM game (e.g. SAM:HTR or MK1), and choose quit from the menu available when pressing F5, can it not send the user back to the game-select list? Pretty please?
http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=5112

also, what's MK1? :)
Thanks for the info :oops: MK1 being the first Monkey Island game 8)
clem

Post by clem »

GrubbySeismic wrote: Thanks for the info :oops: MK1 being the first Monkey Island game 8)
And there I thought that stands for Mortal Kombat 1, and not for MonKey Island 1.
NLS

Post by NLS »

Shouldn't you name it ML1? (Monkey Island 1)
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

I would say OK1 'Monkey Island 1' is more intuitive.

Eugene
Retrogamer

Post by Retrogamer »

Yeah, I was getting a little confused. I wasn't aware that Mortal Kombat 1 was really in the scope of the SCUMMVM project...
Nicadeemas

Post by Nicadeemas »

Another excellent release as per usual. I'm totally looking forward to playing Lure of the Temptress again. I have a fully boxed copy I've been hoping to play for ages).

Just one thing. The notes say that Waxworks is Amiga version only but my Dos PC version works perfectly :D

Nic
Tsampikos

Post by Tsampikos »

There is not much to say about SCUMMVM.just that it is the best game emulator.And very trustworthy.Eliminates every possible problem which could occur in old games emulation.There are some games wich have a huge fan basis and it would be very nice if they are added in the support list of SCUMMVM.Games like:
1)Discworld_1
2)Discworld_2
3)Discworld_Noir
4)Legend of Kyrandia_2
5)Legend of Kyrandia_3
6)Alien Incident
etc.....
I have read in previus posts that it was planned once,Discworld series to be added in the support list.Also Legend of Kyrandia parts 2,3 are very nice games.In SCUMMVM we trust!!!!!