Testing, testing. Big Testing Season(TM) for ScummVM 0.11.0

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

larsan

Post by larsan »

clem wrote:floppy or CD?
Floppy.

The CD version, I believe, also added speach. I don't have it handy, so I can't say for sure.
clem

Post by clem »

larsan wrote: The CD version, I believe, also added speach. I don't have it handy, so I can't say for sure.
you're right, CD version contains speech - but so do most of the Lucasarts adventures, and they don't have separate "to test" entries, so I wondered
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

clem wrote:I noticed that there are entries for both floppy and CD version on the compatibility list to be filled, I wonder why. (I know that the labyrinth is slightly different, but does that justify 2 test entries?)
Not sure myself, but LordHoto added it so we'll have to go along with it ;)
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

clone2727 wrote:
clem wrote:I noticed that there are entries for both floppy and CD version on the compatibility list to be filled, I wonder why. (I know that the labyrinth is slightly different, but does that justify 2 test entries?)
Not sure myself, but LordHoto added it so we'll have to go along with it ;)
Well basically we had problems with resource loading and some script opcodes between floppy and CD in the past, so we keep both entries for Kyrandia.

Also floppy can also refer to the mac floppy version, which wasn't tested yet (maybe I'll do that myself though).

And FM-Towns/PC98 is missing too...

Basically we could just group all together, but at least we want DOS floppy and CD to be tested, that's why we had that seperation last time, so I introduced it again, feel free to get rid of that and just keep one entry.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

LordHoto wrote:Basically we could just group all together, but at least we want DOS floppy and CD to be tested, that's why we had that seperation last time, so I introduced it again, feel free to get rid of that and just keep one entry.
I'll just leave it there. It isn't causing any harm :)
larsan

Post by larsan »

I just bought the CD-version, and will be testing that aswell.
CrisGer

Post by CrisGer »

For Kyrandia I, there are defniite differences between the CD (talkie, full voiced) versoin and the floppy, so testing both will certainly be worthwhile. There are differences in game as well, tho very subtle, the main one being the labyrinth cave map. I will test both next week, just adding the new build now, and will run through my entire collectoin of LucasArts games as well as K and others. :)
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

CrisGer wrote:For Kyrandia I, there are defniite differences between the CD (talkie, full voiced) versoin and the floppy, so testing both will certainly be worthwhile. There are differences in game as well, tho very subtle, the main one being the labyrinth cave map. I will test both next week, just adding the new build now, and will run through my entire collectoin of LucasArts games as well as K and others. :)
Before you go through the entire collection, check the wiki to see what games have already been tested, so we can get a wider variety of games tested.
larsan

Post by larsan »

Just tested Kyrandia CD. Same ScummVM version as before. No errors.

The speach however, is hilarious! :shock: :D
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

larsan wrote:Just tested Kyrandia CD. Same ScummVM version as before. No errors.
Version of the game? Language?
larsan

Post by larsan »

clone2727 wrote:Version of the game? Language?
Oops, sorry. :oops:
English language. Version, I don't know. How do I check it? The CD or the manual has no info... Scumm specifies "The Legend Of Kyrandia (CD/DOS/ENGLISH)"

Regards,
David
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

larsan wrote:Version, I don't know.
By version, I meant platform. Added, thanks :)
Eilhan

Post by Eilhan »

ScummVM 0.11.0pre (Jan 6 2008 09:08:51) running under WinXP
Features compiled in: Vorbis FLAC MP3 zLib MPEG2

Loom (EGA/Atari ST/English): Completable, no glitches or regressions
Cyphox

Post by Cyphox »

is it "normal" that the copy protection bypass doesn't work with atari-st versions of monkey island 1?
clem

Post by clem »

Cyphox wrote:is it "normal" that the copy protection bypass doesn't work with atari-st versions of monkey island 1?
Copy protection is only bypassed on game versions where at least one legal version existed which didn't have the protection (e.g. CD versions) since ScummVM can't tell from the datafiles alone (since the difference was in the .exe)

if the atari-st version has the protection intact my guess is that every instance of that version had the protection in it