COMI - problems with colours

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Princess_Janey

COMI - problems with colours

Post by Princess_Janey »

Hi all, I have this problem with several games - curse of monkey island, broken sword 1&2 and the dig -
Running on xp laptop, so not great system wise but shoudl be more than capable of running these games. Changing compatability to 95 doesn't make a difference.
Basically, the game runs as normal, then it randomly switches into fisherprice colour mode and looks like I'm trying to play on acid...which is quite annoying!
Does anyone know how to fix this?? I tried to change resolution and colours to 256 and all that jazz in the compatability tab, but then it won't run at all, and thats about as technical as I can get.
Please let me know if you've had this problem, and how you fixed it!
Thanks
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

I think tt might be a problem related to your videodrivers on your laptop, checking for other/later drivers might help.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: COMI - problems with colours

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Princess_Janey wrote: Does anyone know how to fix this?? I tried to change resolution and colours to 256 and all that jazz in the compatability tab, but then it won't run at all, and thats about as technical as I can get.
If you're playing the games using ScummVM, rather than the original interpreters, changing to 256 colours probably won't do any good. Last time I checked, even though the games themselves use 256 colours, ScummVM draws on a 16 bpp surface.
Princess_Janey

Post by Princess_Janey »

I'm not using Scummvm to run the games, just compatability mode but it doesn't make a difference to the way the games run.
I'll see if I can get the drivers updated, thanks!
Noelemahc

Post by Noelemahc »

Princess_Janey wrote:I'm not using Scummvm to run the games,
Well, forgive me for saying that, but why the hell are you complaining about problems here then? ScummVM was made to SOLVE such problems, you know. So if you aren't using it, you really should. Honest.