Problem Sam and Max on ScummVM DS

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

SB1980

Problem Sam and Max on ScummVM DS

Post by SB1980 »

I successfully transferred Sam and Max Hit the Road to a CycloDS Evolution card and everything is working perfectly until Conroy Bumpus' musical number--the music is not coming through. I attempted copying the CD tracks the way the FAQ suggests and tried copying the monster.sou file in both compressed and uncompressed formats, but is there something I could be missing? Does the CD track filename have to be formatted a certain way or does it have to be in the root directory of the memory card? Everything else seems to be working.
clem

Post by clem »

ScummVM does not use audio tracks for Sam and Max - they are only present as a bonus feature on the CD
SB1980

Post by SB1980 »

Okay, so that just means that there's something wrong with the way my monster.sou file is being read, which is baffling. I've tried both compressed and uncompressed versions and also played it through on the computer and saw that on the PC, the singing comes through just fine, the file itself isn't corrupted. Everything else in the sound file plays on the DS except for the "King of the Beasts", and when I play the sequence and listen very closely, I can hear the music faintly, but not the voices, which means that something is there, but not being processed. Does anyone else have this problem with Sam and Max? Is there a way to compress the song differently that would enable it to play correctly on the DS?
SB1980

Post by SB1980 »

Okay, I think I'll get it working by recompressing the files in lower bitrates--at -v 7, the song began but then froze the game once the chorus started....erk!