Full Throttle action scenes

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

croeding

Full Throttle action scenes

Post by croeding »

Hello,

In the Bicycle scenes it seems nearly impossible to win. On the original DOS-Version it was different, AFAIR. Are there any known issues with scummvm and steering in Full Throttle?

Thanks
Chris
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

No, now difficulty in bike fights matches original. Though in earlier versions of ScummVM it was much easier to win because of several bugs. Now we fixed that. :P

Eugene
roteero2001

Post by roteero2001 »

that is not true, the cd game played on windows (without scumm) is very much easier than the scumm version. your control of ben in the action scenes are acurate and you can get him to attack when you want.
in the scumm version you just keep clicking trying to get him to throw a hit,and it is nearly impossible to win.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

roteero2001 wrote:that is not true, the cd game played on windows (without scumm) is very much easier than the scumm version. your control of ben in the action scenes are acurate and you can get him to attack when you want.
in the scumm version you just keep clicking trying to get him to throw a hit,and it is nearly impossible to win.
I need some proof of that, i.e. more exact behaviour description. I tested it many times agains original in dosbox, though it _may_ happen that WinXP version (rerelased one) had it somewhat lightened. Any additional points?

Eugene
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Personally, I couldn't get the chainsaw from the redhead. I kept throwing fertilizer at her, but it wouldn't work :(

You can cheat at those action scenes by pressing Shift-V, which is how I managed to get the chainsaw, then the plank and finish this part
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

md5 wrote:Personally, I couldn't get the chainsaw from the redhead. I kept throwing fertilizer at her, but it wouldn't work :(
Tried it right now. I got it right away. You should be close to her, aren't you? Just as she spoke with you, there is a pause before she will start her chainsaw. That's the moment you approach her and throw the fertilizer. Easy. And _that_ matches original. There was some problem before not connected to this particular case, and it used to make fights under ScummVM extremely easy, but it was fixed long ago, in 0.6.1.

Eugene
big_raji

Post by big_raji »

I'm having the same problem with ScummVM on PocketPC.

I'm using a Dell Axim X51V using WM5 OS.

When the first fight scene is about to start (at the beginning of the game) the conversation between your character and the Rottwheeler seems to go ok, but then the video seems to "freeze" and I can hear action in the background. By madly clicking the screen, I can hear myself hitting the Rottwheeler, and I can hear myself getting hit as well. After about 5 seconds of this, the video animation finally comes back on. I can somewhat control my character by clicking on the very extreme right of the screen to move towards the enemy, and clicking the very extreme left of the screen to move away. While moving, my "icon" at the bottom left seems to randomly switch between "Punch" and "Kick" with no obvious reason behind it. I find it extremely difficult (or impossible) to land a proper punch on the enemy, since it seems to only attack about half time, and half of those times are kicks. I usually end up eating asphalt almost right away.

I've tried mapping separate buttons to my left-click and right-click functions, but this doesn't seem to work any better. My direction pad doesn't register for right/left movement either. I've tried using the "map" function for left/right, but I still cannot move with the direction pad.
sasa89

Post by sasa89 »

md5 wrote:Personally, I couldn't get the chainsaw from the redhead. I kept throwing fertilizer at her, but it wouldn't work :(

You can cheat at those action scenes by pressing Shift-V, which is how I managed to get the chainsaw, then the plank and finish this part
it's an option - but it's poor....:lol: :P

i managed all this fight at THE FIRST TIME on my POCKETPC where it's much difficulter than on the normal pc IMO
8) :D

so keep trying - it's possible ;)
udgerr

Post by udgerr »

big_raji wrote:I've tried mapping separate buttons to my left-click and right-click functions, but this doesn't seem to work any better. My direction pad doesn't register for right/left movement either. I've tried using the "map" function for left/right, but I still cannot move with the direction pad.
I'm experiencing the same problem on my FS Loox n560. Can FT be normally played ubder WM 5.0 and SCUMMVM 0.10? :x
wookie06

Post by wookie06 »

BUMP
big_raji wrote:I'm having the same problem with ScummVM on PocketPC.

I'm using a Dell Axim X51V using WM5 OS.

When the first fight scene is about to start (at the beginning of the game) the conversation between your character and the Rottwheeler seems to go ok, but then the video seems to "freeze" and I can hear action in the background. By madly clicking the screen, I can hear myself hitting the Rottwheeler, and I can hear myself getting hit as well. After about 5 seconds of this, the video animation finally comes back on. I can somewhat control my character by clicking on the very extreme right of the screen to move towards the enemy, and clicking the very extreme left of the screen to move away. While moving, my "icon" at the bottom left seems to randomly switch between "Punch" and "Kick" with no obvious reason behind it. I find it extremely difficult (or impossible) to land a proper punch on the enemy, since it seems to only attack about half time, and half of those times are kicks. I usually end up eating asphalt almost right away.

I've tried mapping separate buttons to my left-click and right-click functions, but this doesn't seem to work any better. My direction pad doesn't register for right/left movement either. I've tried using the "map" function for left/right, but I still cannot move with the direction pad.
Sorry for dragging this back up but I've been scanning through the boards and haven't found any resolution to this. Full Throttle is very frustrating on Pocket PC during the canyon combat stage. Does anyone have solutions, workarounds, or techniques to help here?
doc labyrinth

Post by doc labyrinth »

works fine for me on mac :wink:
xaflatoonx

Post by xaflatoonx »

I am playing Full throttle on the IPHONE.

In the Bike scene where we are supposed to beat other guys and get accessories from them and then hit the cave fish and get the goggles from them.....

HOW do i change my weapon....

i cant figure out how to change my friggin weapon... i have beaten and got the chain, the chain with the ball at the end and the dust... but i dont know how to beat the guy with the booster and the cave fish unless i change my weapon...

WHICH I CANNOT FIGURE OUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD....

please help.
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

xaflatoonx wrote:I am playing Full throttle on the IPHONE.

In the Bike scene where we are supposed to beat other guys and get accessories from them and then hit the cave fish and get the goggles from them.....

HOW do i change my weapon....

i cant figure out how to change my friggin weapon... i have beaten and got the chain, the chain with the ball at the end and the dust... but i dont know how to beat the guy with the booster and the cave fish unless i change my weapon...

WHICH I CANNOT FIGURE OUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD....

please help.
WIKI anyone?

Maybe this will give you an idea?
I don't have an iPhone, but the different control options my be of some help
xaflatoonx

Post by xaflatoonx »

thanks bro -

but the controls on wiki are basic and dont get into details with a particular scenario...

i mean they all work... just not in this one where i have problem....

i cant change my weapon... which i could if i could go into my inventory... but i cant do that once i am on a bike... and involved in a brawl ON my bike...

so i need to know how to change weapons WHILE on the bike...

anyone?

pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee help..
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

xaflatoonx wrote:thanks bro -

but the controls on wiki are basic and dont get into details with a particular scenario...

i mean they all work... just not in this one where i have problem....

i cant change my weapon... which i could if i could go into my inventory... but i cant do that once i am on a bike... and involved in a brawl ON my bike...

so i need to know how to change weapons WHILE on the bike...

anyone?

pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee help..
Hmm, it's been a while since i played FT, but i'm quite sure that
you didn't need to go to the inventory to switch weapons.

As soon as you had a second weapon i think i was able to switch
by pressing "cursor left", "cursor right", mind you, that was on
a desktop system - no handhelds here.

Do you have a little icon on the bottom left (this should be the
place where your weapons are shown)?

OK, scrap that :-)

It was Right Mouse click to switch through your weapons

So it should be
Right click
Hold one finger on screen where you want to click, single tap another
for you.

Of course, first you'd need more weapons, what you got in your inventory right now?
Last edited by Raziel on Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.