iPhone/iPod Touch Games Compatibility List

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Arshlan

Post by Arshlan »

Version Used : 20071125_1039

Bargon Attack (DOS/FRENCH/FLOPPY) :
  • STARTING ? YES (Asks you to tap F1 for game or F2 for Demo)
    SOUND ? YES,music and speech as well
    PLAYABLE? Yes and No.The game itself is working,but to use an item on another one you have in your inventory,you have to choose the 1st item,and when the cursor turns into that item ,go on the upper/left corner of the screen,and click.But nothing happens when done. Don't know if it is a bug or so,haven't played that game for a while so maybe i'm doing wrong
    SAVE/LOAD: Working good
Elvira 2 (DOS/Floppy/FRENCH) :
  • STARTING ? Yes
    SOUND ? Yes
    PLAYABLE ? Seems like it's fully playable
    SAVE/LOAD ? Working
Ween The Prophecy (DOS/FRENCH) :
  • STARTING ? Yes
    SOUND ? YES
    PLAYABLE ? Fully (?)
    SAVE/LOAD ? Working
Comments: At copy protection,when switching to vertical mode to get the keyboard,screen goes black and stays blackwith music still playing (so you'd better remember what the question when switching to vertical so you can answer).After answering copy protection,screen goes back to normal.

Legend Of Kyrandia (DOS/FRENCH/Floppy) :
  • STARTING ? Yes
    SOUND ? YES
    PLAYABLE ? Fully (?)
    SAVE/LOAD ? Working
Future Wars (DOS/Floppy/FRENCH) :
  • STARTING ? Yes
    SOUND ? YES
    PLAYABLE ? Fully (?)
    SAVE/LOAD ? Working
Lost in Time (Floppy/FRENCH) :
  • STARTING ? Yes (Straight to copy protection)
    SOUND ? YES
    PLAYABLE ? Not At All
    SAVE/LOAD ? Na.
Comments: My version is seen as gobliins (see my other post).Returns to springboard after passing copy protection test.
Same As Ween: Screen goes black when switching at copy protection.Maybe Coktel Vision games related bug?
Don't have any other version,so can't tell for non-french ones.

Lure of the Temptress (DOS/Floppy/ENGLISH) :
  • STARTING ? Yes
    SOUND ? YES
    PLAYABLE ? Fully (?)
    SAVE/LOAD ? Working
Comments: Toggle Click+Drag mode to activate menu on top of the screen.
Some issues with interaction menu when right clicking on items (menu where you can chose what to do with it): Moving far too quickly in to be able to chose precisely.Maybe a recurent issue with games that toggles a menu when right clicking (see other games for comments)

Nippon Safes (DOS/CD/Multi-Lingual) :
  • STARTING ? Yes
    SOUND ? No
    PLAYABLE ? Not at all
    SAVE/LOAD ? Na.
Comments: Well,the game itself seems to work quite well but acording to my manual (of the game) you have to right click to get interaction menu (like open/close etc) chose the icon you want and then release right click.I tried everything i could (like toggleling Click+Drag mode etc) but to no actual result.Getting the menu to pop seems far too random to me which makes the game unplayable.

Touche: The Adventures of the Fifth Musketeer (DOS/CD/FRENCH) :
  • STARTING ? Yes
    SOUND ? YES
    PLAYABLE ? Not Really
    SAVE/LOAD ? Working
Comments: Same problem as Nippon Safes with right click toggleling interaction menu.Tried hard again,but even if menu is showing for like 1 sec,i can't use it or make it stay.
I may be the one to blame here,dunno,maybe stupid but if anyone have any idea on how it should be done i'd be glad to test it.

I still have some more games to test though.

To sum things up , i think that the major problem is when playing games that has a right-click-to-activate menu.Maybe adding a keyboard shortcut just to handle right click in this kind of games could do it,i don't know...or maybe that I AM the problem and can't properly right click ;) (if anyone else can test this out it would be nice)
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

Nice report :)

Yeah, the click-and-drag mode is only for left clicking at the moment. I'll have to see how to handle it well for right-clicking, without interfering with how you do gesturing stuff :) (the menu, toggling the mode, etc).
kandresen

Freddi Fish 2

Post by kandresen »

Loaded from Mac CD-ROM; so far, so good!

Starts, sound and graphics OK, ESC shuts up cutscenes OK.

Will update later with game play.
DrMcCoy
ScummVM Developer

Post by DrMcCoy »

Arshlan wrote:Well,I checked on my floppies and i do have that file if you're interested in getting the MD5. It's from my original French floppy version
Yes, please. :)
Only the MD5 of the first 5000 bytes, though, so a "head -c5000 intro.stk | md5sum" should do.
Arshlan wrote:The game itself is working,but to use an item on another one you have in your inventory,
Actually, you don't do that in Bargon Attack. :)
Arshlan wrote:Same As Ween: Screen goes black when switching at copy protection.Maybe Coktel Vision games related bug?
Well, the Gob engine doesn't do another OSytem::copyRectToScreen() / OSystem::updateScreen() when waiting for input in the copy protection, so when the iPhone backend throws away its copy of the screen buffer on mode switching, that would be the effect you described.
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

DrMcCoy wrote: Well, the Gob engine doesn't do another OSytem::copyRectToScreen() / OSystem::updateScreen() when waiting for input in the copy protection, so when the iPhone backend throws away its copy of the screen buffer on mode switching, that would be the effect you described.
Yeah atm I just mark the whole screen as dirty on mode changes. I'll throw in a forced screen redraw as well.
TomFrost

Re: Loom crashes with sounds

Post by TomFrost »

Yamara wrote:Loom plays sounds, but will sporadically crash. It doesn't seem to matter whether the sound is initiated by me (by playing the notes) or by the game. It is not specific to one sound. It does not seem to be tied to a period of time, location or action.

This is for Loom on CD, with VGA graphics.

Just wanted to report, since there were no such notes on the iPhone compatibility list.
I have this problem as well, but it also pops up randomly in my other games too. It's gotten better since Vinterstum's fix, but playing for any extended time kicks me right out seemingly regardless of what's happening at the moment. Since I've experienced the problem in Loom, MI1, Sam & Max, and maybe one or two others, I've classified that as a program-wide bug and not really specific to a game. If you notice it happening exceedingly more in one game over another, though, be sure to post your findings!

(Also, does the name Imps Village mean anything to you? 'Yamara' is the name of one of my admins on a forum I run :))
Vinterstum wrote:Nice report :)

Yeah, the click-and-drag mode is only for left clicking at the moment. I'll have to see how to handle it well for right-clicking, without interfering with how you do gesturing stuff :) (the menu, toggling the mode, etc).
That's certainly strange -- right click works excellently in click+drag mode for me in Full Throttle! It brings up the inventory with no problem, though the character does walk to where you first sit your finger down to start the right-click. Not working in COMI though, of course.

@Arshlan: Thanks for all the reports! I'll sort through them after work :)
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

TomFrost wrote:[
That's certainly strange -- right click works excellently in click+drag mode for me in Full Throttle! It brings up the inventory with no problem, though the character does walk to where you first sit your finger down to start the right-click. Not working in COMI though, of course.
Right-clicking itself yeah, but not the equivalent of clicking and holding down the right button and moving it around, which seems to be what's needed here :).
Arshlan

Post by Arshlan »

Vinterstum wrote: Right-clicking itself yeah, but not the equivalent of clicking and holding down the right button and moving it around, which seems to be what's needed here :).
Yes,didn't have time to test the games on ScummVM PC,but i do think that it's what is needed for those games
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

TomFrost wrote:
Yamara wrote:Loom plays sounds, but will sporadically crash. It doesn't seem to matter whether the sound is initiated by me (by playing the notes) or by the game. It is not specific to one sound. It does not seem to be tied to a period of time, location or action.

This is for Loom on CD, with VGA graphics.

Just wanted to report, since there were no such notes on the iPhone compatibility list.
I have this problem as well, but it also pops up randomly in my other games too. It's gotten better since Vinterstum's fix, but playing for any extended time kicks me right out seemingly regardless of what's happening at the moment. Since I've experienced the problem in Loom, MI1, Sam & Max, and maybe one or two others, I've classified that as a program-wide bug and not really specific to a game. If you notice it happening exceedingly more in one game over another, though, be sure to post your findings!

(Also, does the name Imps Village mean anything to you? 'Yamara' is the name of one of my admins on a forum I run :))
I have had Loom crash with sound playing on the intro sequence, as well as letting me play for 15-20 minutes before crashing on a random note played. For me, it doesn't seem to be a matter of playing an extended amount of time.

I have just completed Simon the Sorcerer 1 (the VGA version on CD), with sound and music. I believe it crashed twice through the whole play time. Both times the crashes were on load, in transition to a different room (as the screen blacks, then starts to fade in).

(Imps Village doesn't mean anything to me. 'Yamara' is a halfling from a comic strip originally featured in Dragon magazine. I started using it as a handle around '92, because it was reliably not already taken by someone else.)
Blackthorne

Post by Blackthorne »

Arshlan wrote:Version Used : 20071125_1039

• STARTING ? Yes
    SOUND ? YES
    PLAYABLE ? Fully (?)
    SAVE/LOAD ? Working

How did you get that game to work? When I try to start it, Scumm crashes back to springboard. I have ScummVM 0.11.0svn (the latest version that I'm aware of) and I've downloaded the data file for the game so I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

Blackthorne wrote:
Arshlan wrote:Version Used : 20071125_1039

• STARTING ? Yes
    SOUND ? YES
    PLAYABLE ? Fully (?)
    SAVE/LOAD ? Working

How did you get that game to work? When I try to start it, Scumm crashes back to springboard. I have ScummVM 0.11.0svn (the latest version that I'm aware of) and I've downloaded the data file for the game so I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

You need the lure.data file. Get it here, and put it in the same dir as the game data files.
Blackthorne

Post by Blackthorne »

Yes, as I said, I have downloaded that file already and have it in the games directory but it doesn't work for me.
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

Blackthorne wrote:Yes, as I said, I have downloaded that file already and have it in the games directory but it doesn't work for me.
Ah sorry, misunderstood :)

The lure.dat file was updated recently, so it's probably a more recent version than the last iPhone SVN snapshot can handle. In that case, you'll have to wait until next version I publish (Hopefully later today).

Or you can try to fetch an older version from the repository, for that matter.

http://scummvm.svn.sourceforge.net/view ... sion=29676

http://scummvm.svn.sourceforge.net/view ... sion=29655

http://scummvm.svn.sourceforge.net/view ... sion=29607
Arshlan

Post by Arshlan »

Blackthorne wrote:Yes, as I said, I have downloaded that file already and have it in the games directory but it doesn't work for me.
Well, the lure.dat file i have was downloaded about 2-3 weeks ago,so maybe as Vinterstum said,it's been updated since then.

Lure works quite well (excepting right clicking thingy in all games).