iPhone/iPod Touch Games Compatibility List

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

sandman4sure

Post by sandman4sure »

Gobliiins 1 is playable now!!!
only the fade-in and fate-out scenes take a LONG time!

But they'll react on input :)

I'll try Gobliins 2 later
TomFrost

Post by TomFrost »

Updated! This update is very exciting :)
sandman4sure

Post by sandman4sure »

so far I can see Gobliins 2 acts the same as Gabliiins 1.
So playable, but with very slow fade in and outs
tx0min

Mad library

Post by tx0min »

hi guys! It,s amazing the job you are doing porting scummvm to iphone. I'm very excited.
Just say i'm getting " mad library compiled support needed" error with comi and the dig. What does it mean? I'm using version 20071119_2329

Thank you
clem

Re: Mad library

Post by clem »

tx0min wrote: Just say i'm getting " mad library compiled support needed" error with comi and the dig. What does it mean? I'm using version 20071119_2329
as far as I know, the mad library is only needed for MP3-compressed datafiles

did you try uncompressed datafiles? probably ogg-compressed datafiles will work too
tx0min

Post by tx0min »

i already converted all mp3 files in both games to ogg with audacity. In fact, both games work perfectly in pc, but not in iphone.
The dig intro works, it crashes when the game starts. Comi crashes at the beggining.
TomFrost

Post by TomFrost »

tx0min wrote:i already converted all mp3 files in both games to ogg with audacity. In fact, both games work perfectly in pc, but not in iphone.
The dig intro works, it crashes when the game starts. Comi crashes at the beggining.
Does this happen in all games? If so, you might want to make another thread about it for more visibility.

If it's just those two, though, I wouldn't worry too much about The Dig since it's reported to crash like you mentioned. COMI could be due to a software incompatibility, though. What device/firmware version/etc are you running?
clem

Post by clem »

tx0min wrote:i already converted all mp3 files in both games to ogg with audacity. In fact, both games work perfectly in pc, but not in iphone.
I am not sure I follow you here - CoMI/the Dig do not come with audio tracks, so you can't directly convert from mp3 to ogg via a general purpose audio editor like audacity

the reason these games work on PC is probably that the Windows version of ScummVM comes with mad support built-in
tx0min

Post by tx0min »

I'm using Iphone 1.1.1 . Both games worked fine with the previous release (20071114 i think)
TomFrost

Post by TomFrost »

Strange. Have you tried making a save on your computer somewhere after the crash and transferring the save file to the phone, and loading that? Might be your best bet.
divinez0r

Post by divinez0r »

well for my part, I cant get The Dig to work on my PC either. So it is probably my version I have. I need to dump it again.
divinez0r

Post by divinez0r »

also, I have the cds for COMI. how do install it on my touch?
divinez0r

Post by divinez0r »

whoops. also tried Simon the Sorceror 1 with newest. you have control but it takes a very long time. Everything is extremely slow.
bobablob

Post by bobablob »

The Dig seems to work. I haven't played very far in, but intro cinematic and first few scenes + voices work just fine. This is using the latest build, of course.
divinez0r

Post by divinez0r »

bobablob wrote:The Dig seems to work. I haven't played very far in, but intro cinematic and first few scenes + voices work just fine. This is using the latest build, of course.
The version im referring to is my The Dig version... sigh. Old disks I guess.