iPod Touch/iPhone Port?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

markush8

Post by markush8 »

Don't think so!! Just take a look at the live video of running a Lucas Arts game on an iPhone at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbsc4JWT ... das-iphone
baklava

Post by baklava »

With some video editing skills, I can "play" Halo3 on my iPhone...
clem

Post by clem »

baklava wrote:With some video editing skills, I can "play" Halo3 on my iPhone...
kewl, url? :)
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

baklava wrote:With some video editing skills, I can "play" Halo3 on my iPhone...
Faking that to look real given the different angles, light conditions, etc, etc, would probably take more time and effort than making the port itself :P.
baklava

Post by baklava »

Why fake the final video? Just record the game and let it play on the phone as a video. Rotate it with your favourite video editing software to show some accelerometer effects and time your movements when recording it with your webcam.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

baklava wrote:Why fake the final video? Just record the game and let it play on the phone as a video. Rotate it with your favourite video editing software to show some accelerometer effects and time your movements when recording it with your webcam.
Vinterstum is a respected ScummVM developer, so if he says he also made the port, just trust him. From the other hand, ScummVM is written with portability in mind, and just today I played couple of homebrew games on an iPhone, so if I'd owned the phone like obviously ruudboy, aubin and Vinterstum do, I'd easily port ScummVM there as well.

Eugene

PS. ruudboy, I'd like to see your patch in our Patch tracker soon :)
markush8

Post by markush8 »

It would be really great to get a sign of ongoing development on this port!
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

sev wrote: Vinterstum is a respected ScummVM developer, so if he says he also made the port, just trust him. From the other hand, ScummVM is written with portability in mind, and just today I played couple of homebrew games on an iPhone, so if I'd owned the phone like obviously ruudboy, aubin and Vinterstum do, I'd easily port ScummVM there as well.
He was questioning ruudboy I think, not me (his video) :). I had ScummVM with just basic screen drawing up and running on the iPhone, but put my own project on hold once ruudboy posted his video.
alden

Post by alden »

please give us a status report!!? i just registered here to say that im checkin this site every day and i can't wait to play the games on my touch, the whole world is waiting for this release give us some news :lol:
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

alden wrote:please give us a status report!!? i just registered here to say that im checkin this site every day and i can't wait to play the games on my touch, the whole world is waiting for this release give us some news :lol:
indeed, he was giving regular updates a week or 2 ago, and now no news, maybe his has a complete catastrophic failure of something. ouch.
stracenska

Post by stracenska »

Baklava is just as anxious as everyone else about an update on the iphone port and is using reverse psychology to get an update.
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

OK folks, calm down. Repeatedly asking here every other hour for status updates will help nobody. Calm down, and be a bit patient. Maybe go a bit outdoors and do some sports, chat to some friends, watch a good movie, etc.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

fingolfin wrote:Maybe go a bit outdoors and do some sports, chat to some friends, watch a good movie, etc.
Hey! Or use iPhone as a cellphone :P

Eugene
baklava

Post by baklava »

stracenska wrote:Baklava is just as anxious as everyone else about an update on the iphone port and is using reverse psychology to get an update.
Wow, someone noticed. :P
markush8

Post by markush8 »

sev wrote:
fingolfin wrote:Maybe go a bit outdoors and do some sports, chat to some friends, watch a good movie, etc.
Hey! Or use iPhone as a cellphone :P

Eugene
Though using the iPhone as a cellphone is far to ordinary ;-)