stuck in sam and max...

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

kdc

stuck in sam and max...

Post by kdc »

hi,

I've searched through the forums but cant seem to find an answer,

I'm stuck in sam and max where you are in the restaurant atop the ball of twine and you need to control the binoculars, I cant get it to change direction, according to gamefaqs you need to left click to pan left and right click to pan right. but its constantly moving left and no matter what I try to map left and right click to I cannot change the direction.

any ideas? anyone else stuck here?
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

there's a dial at the bottom of the view windows, iirc you have to move that
kdc

Post by kdc »

yep.... I'm an idiot.......

thanks!
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

kdc wrote:yep.... I'm an idiot.......

thanks!
na, that bit is incredibly hard to figure out...
lupo

Post by lupo »

Sorry , guys ... i'm stuck in the same place .. i can't' find this "dial" at the "bottom" of the "view windows" ... I'm Italian, may be i don't understand very well english ... but i try to touch evry single pixel whit my pen , nothing happens .. can you explain me with diffferent words ? thx ..
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

have you fixed it?
lupo

Post by lupo »

i don't think i fixed it ... .. how can i do it ? what you mean ? thx psyco, and sorruy for my bad english .. :-)
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

lupo wrote:i don't think i fixed it ... .. how can i do it ? what you mean ? thx psyco, and sorruy for my bad english .. :-)
pulled the cables out of the floor, and put on the fish glass stuff on the binoculars. i think there's a 3rd thing but i cant remember.
lupo

Post by lupo »

pulled the cables out of the floor, and put on the fish glass stuff on the binoculars. i think there's a 3rd thing but i cant remember.
Oh yes, i did it all ... i've got the same problem .. the views turn on left , and i can't stop it .. i can't find this "dial" at the "bottom" of "views windows" ---
Thx again for your help ...
lupo

Post by lupo »

P.S looking for it, i read that i have to move the lever between the cables to stop and reverse the rotation .. that's my problem, with my pen i can't move it ! .. May be problem of my hardware ? it's an htc p3600 , and the touch screen seems don't' work in this scene of the game ..
dj jack

Post by dj jack »

C'è bisogno di cliccare col destro, non so se il port per palmari abbia una scorciatoia per simulare il clic destro.

EDIT: you need to use the right click, if i remebre correctly. dunno if the palm port has a right click option.
Last edited by dj jack on Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

english only, as per forum rules
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

lupo wrote:it's an htc p3600 , and the touch screen seems don't' work in this scene of the game ..
I don't know about this htc p3600, but playing the Linux version of ScummVM, I can right- or left-click on the lever, between where the two cables are connected.
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

If it's the "how does one right click in the ce version" question (and I'm gambling here that this must have been self-addressed, judging by the inactivity in this thread) then I can refer you to the very nice supplementary to the port document, also known as the README-WinCE.txt file, which enumerates two distinct methods for achieving the desired result, namely right clicking. I reiterate them here for your convenience: 1) Bind and use the "Right Click" action. 2) Double tap at the desired point on screen.

If it is a "keyboard not responding well" question, I refer you to the bug tracker.

Yours,
Kostas

PS. :twisted: