I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

md5
ScummVM Developer

I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream

Post by md5 »

We are glad to announce another supported title: I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream, which uses the SAGA engine.

Help Gorrister, Ellen, Benny, Nimdok and Ted to overcome their fatal flaws and fight the crazed super computer AM.

Get the latest daily build of ScummVM and your English, German, French, Spanish or Russian version of the game and fight the evil super computer! We ask you, our fellow users, to report any bugs you find in our bug tracker, following the bug submission guidelines. Any unrecognized versions should be reported to the tracker as well. Screenshots are also needed, which can be submitted using the appropriate guidelines for screenshot submission.

We hope you enjoy yet another great adventure game under ScummVM!
saulob

Post by saulob »

Amazing, thanks :D
spookypeanut
ScummVM Developer

Post by spookypeanut »

Yay, go md5!

It's worth pointing out (as is stated on the wiki page) that IHNM is one of the few ScummVM games that is still available for purchase (albeit at a rather high price). Look here:

http://harlanellison.com/herc.htm#ihnm

That said I haven't actually bought it from them, so reports from anyone that has gratefully received :)
exofreeze
Banned

Post by exofreeze »

this is exciting news. I just watched the intro to IHNMAIMS (lol, what a name) for the first time in years (doesn't play right in most emulators) and man was it cool to see that all again.
Reckless

Post by Reckless »

8) Support has been added for .... a game I already own :shock: :D Nice work, will download @ the weekend!
unicorn

Post by unicorn »

it`s too pleasure to hear about your brillant job again :D
Kaminari

Post by Kaminari »

Just curious: will the heavily-censored French and German versions be eventually supported?
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

As far as I know, they are supported. There was an issue with non-English characters (reported for the Spanish version), but it has been fixed. In theory, those versions should be working without any problems, but unfortunately I only have the English version, so I don't know if there are any issues in the non-English versions...
GAdmThrawn

Yay, and d'oh

Post by GAdmThrawn »

I have the English version of IHNM, and I'm being told that there is no game in the directory I choose. I downloaded the daily scummVM update installer and ran it.

I've tried both the SCREAM folder and the CD drive, and neither works.

May I ask what I've missed?

Thanks!
clem

Post by clem »

I would point to http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Dataf ... ust_Scream but I realized this only lists the DOS demo files so far?
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Updated the data files in that page for the full version
crazy_achmed

Post by crazy_achmed »

sorry if my question is undesired here but i must ask anyway.
Is there a way to support some kind of translated versions of this game? Like it is for translated versions of FMtowns versions of some games? And is there maybe a known project which works on translating this game?
I just ask because the censored german version is not very fun to play so it would be great if i could play the english version with translated suptitles.
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

crazy_achmed wrote:sorry if my question is undesired here but i must ask anyway.
Is there a way to support some kind of translated versions of this game? Like it is for translated versions of FMtowns versions of some games? And is there maybe a known project which works on translating this game?
I just ask because the censored german version is not very fun to play so it would be great if i could play the english version with translated suptitles.
If you can see here an Italian fan translation has been added already

So, if you can provide the patched md5sums and the site where those patches can be downloaded,
the author (md5) of the engine might consider it.
Use the Feature Request tracker for it

Unfortunately i don't kow of any ongoing translation for IHNM.
You could try to ask the FMTowns translation guys, though
Phreddy

Post by Phreddy »

Awesome news, this amazing piece of software just keeps getting better and better. Nice work, guys Image!!
SimSaw

Post by SimSaw »

I heard that in the French and German the final puzzle can't be solved. Does that mean that we can't win the game or just not "logically" solve it and win anyway or maybe this last puzzle is not required at all? Would be a bit silly to localise a game without the player being able to win it.