ScummVM 0.10.0 Build for WinCE5.0/MIPS device

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

cybercop

ScummVM 0.10.0 Build for WinCE5.0/MIPS device

Post by cybercop »

Hi,

With Knakos's help, I can manage to build MIPS version of scummvm. This is not a official release of scummvm.
So, you can't expect much support of this build. Pls, do not ask a question about this build to scummvm development team.
I'm not sure how many people has a CE/MIPS device.
But, it's quite popular in Korea. :roll:

The download link is as followed:
http://cafe.naver.com/s43user/39067
(Sorry, It's Korean site...So I guess you will see many unexpected characters. But, what you need is file. You can easily find and download, I guess.)

It includes several SDL.dll (1.2.12) files based on
diffect video output support.
WinDIB(High Compatibility, low performance),
GAPI(I can't test on my device, it doesn't support GAPI)
DirectX with RGB format (WinCE 5.0 support DDraw.dll)
DirectX with BGR format (my device..weird setting :? )

Difference with official scummvm 0.10.0 for wince.
--------------------------------------------------
Ignore "Smush_force_redraw" of scummvm.ini, It will act like PC version (Could be slow on slow machine).
Add some extra font files for Korean language support.

You can find the full source code at here:
http://blog.naver.com/copjoker/120042076392

Enjoy,
cybercop
Lostech

Post by Lostech »

You should mention that the source code is split into 4 parts which must be copied together before it is possible to open them in 7-zip or Winrar ;)
Lostech

Post by Lostech »

A small feedback:
On my MIPS device it runs fine. The only problem is that the mouse cursor vanishes when it´s over the menu bar down below the game graphics.
cybercop

Post by cybercop »

Hi, Lostech.

I'm glad to know that your device working good with scummvm.
For my understanding, which version of SDL you are using?
And, if possible, would you let me know your system spec.?
(CPU/Screen resolution/Storage type etc.. :D)

Base on your infomation, I'll check the SDL/scummvm code.

(Regarding source files, I'd mentions your comments on article but in Korean. :wink:)
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

The WinCE port does not draw the cursor on the toolbar, except if mouse navigation with the keyboard has been initiated (e.g. try pressing one of the arrow keys, if you have not remapped the actions, then try pointing at the toolbar to see the cursor).
Lostech

Post by Lostech »

@cybercop:
cybercop wrote:CPU/Screen resolution/Storage type etc.
CPU -> Micronas Decypher
Resolution -> 720x576 (PAL Resolution)
Storage -> min. 128 MB Flash / 128MB RAM
To be honest it is not a device you can buy in stores actually.

Regarding source files, I'd mentions your comments on article but in Korean. :wink:
Then my korean got a little bit rusty :D

@knakos:
knakos wrote:The WinCE port does not draw the cursor on the toolbar, except if mouse navigation with the keyboard has been initiated (e.g. try pressing one of the arrow keys, if you have not remapped the actions, then try pointing at the toolbar to see the cursor).
By default I´m playing with a mouse and therefore mouse navigation should already be initialized and the mouse cursor is still visible in the game area.
But only if moved over the toolbar the mouse cursor vanishes. It is positioned on the correct place although it is not visible and it is possible to click the toolbar buttons (of course this must be done blind :D).
For me it seems that the mouse cursor is drawn behind the toolbar and not over it.

P.S.: Perhaps it is of interest for you: your actual ARM ScummVM version is running fine on a Loox N560.
kronx112

Post by kronx112 »

hi cybercop,

i try to install the software but then it gave me this message:

"'ScummVM' is not a valid Windows CE applicantion,"

i put the file in the device and run it from there and that's the message it give me. i don't know why, my device is:

Device: NAV730

Processor: ARM920T-S3C2440A

MEMORY SD: 512MB
Lostech

Post by Lostech »

The version Cybercop did is intended for MIPS CPU based devices but have have an ARM CPU based device. So take from the official download page:
http://www.scummvm.org/downloads.php
the "Windows CE ARM package" (4.0M zipfile).
This one should work on your ARM device.
nieh

Post by nieh »

Sorry to bump such an old thread. I just installed this on my Cowon Q5W which is a touch screen device with no keyboard. I've heard it's possible to make the SCUMM games run in full screen mode on it, but the only way mentioned in the program is to hit alt and enter, which I can't do since I don't have a keyboard. Any advice? Am I missing another option someplace?
Lostech

Post by Lostech »

You can activate under "Options"->"Graphics" the "Fullscreen mode". If it´s still too small then activate in the same menu in "Graphics mode" a 2x scaler.
nieh

Post by nieh »

Thanks, that got it. I didn't realize the options menu while you were in a game was different from the options menu when you first start the program.