Secret Monkey Island - CD version with adlib sound

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Darkbluesky

Secret Monkey Island - CD version with adlib sound

Post by Darkbluesky »

Hello,

I had the chance of buy SMI (from a known person) in CD (original), but I have heard the music, and, sorry but although the 'sound' is better, I like more the MIDI music, it sounds more 'reggae' to me. Anyway, I guess it is question of taste. The question is that I would like to pley it but with adlib music (although I guess I will loss the sound background of the dock in Melee, for example).

I have tried but I don't have success. Could you help me?

Thanks!
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Secret Monkey Island - CD version with adlib sound

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Darkbluesky wrote: I had the chance of buy SMI (from a known person) in CD (original), but I have heard the music, and, sorry but although the 'sound' is better, I like more the MIDI music, it sounds more 'reggae' to me. Anyway, I guess it is question of taste. The question is that I would like to pley it but with adlib music (although I guess I will loss the sound background of the dock in Melee, for example).

I have tried but I don't have success. Could you help me?
I could be wrong, but I don't think the CD version actually has the Adlib or MIDI music from the floppy version. In that case, you simply can't get anything else than the CD music. (Except, of course, if you were to replace the original audio tracks with alternative ones, but you'd probably have to create them yourself.)
Darkbluesky

Post by Darkbluesky »

Ah. Thank you. I have not checked the contents of the CD. I'll do.

Replacing the tracks is not bad idea, maybe I'll do. Tx
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

there was a thread a while ago(regarding simon, subtitles and speech) and i got the impression mixing sound files from different game versions wouldn't work...

so is monkey island different in that aspect?
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

No it's not different. eriktorbjorn suggested to replace the game's ripped audio tracks (which are MP3/OGG/FLAC files) with alternative ones
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

ok, sorry. misunderstood
Dave'O

Post by Dave'O »

I remember somwhare there was a guy who had gone through and recorded the adlib music as mp3s and timed them all to match so they could be used with the CD version in ScummVM but the link to the zip file was dead :cry: :cry: :cry:
Darkbluesky

Post by Darkbluesky »

Oh ! :o What a pity. I guess I should do it myself. The most difficult thing is to cut them in order to do a good looping.