Cant start on 9210

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

koftipich

Cant start on 9210

Post by koftipich »

I have installed scummvm-0.8.0-S80.sis on Nokia 9210
When I try to start it i get this message:

"!Note
Resource file problem"

Same effect with scummvm-051203-SymbianS80_all.sis

Please help
SumthinWicked
ScummVM Porter

Post by SumthinWicked »

Looks like a memory problem: try one of the smaller non-_all versions which contain just one engine and see if you can run any of these... the smaller the size the better the chance gets that it might work.
You could also try to turn off your phone and try running ScummVM right after you turn it back on: it might have more memory free then...
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Well.. the 9210 is not running S80 it is running Crystal, i.e pre-S80. So it none of the S80 versions will work (as they are built on S80 which is Symbian OS 7 and the 9210 is running Symbian OS 6). And yes memory will be a problem.
koftipich

Post by koftipich »

Thanks for the support
Still can't make it run

I'm trying with smaller versions but nothing changes.
The free memory is around 3600KB.
Is this enough to run the ScummVM itself, without a game?

It makes a lot of sense that S80 wont work on 9210, but waht is Crystal,
where can I download it?

Actualy i think the problem could be the ScummVM*.rsc
It has just a few bytes, most of the other application rsc files are much larger. Maybe this file is just some sort of a link to the ScummVM*.exe. (I'm not a programmer)

Nevertheless after renaming the rsc file, the message was:
"Not found" :-)
With different versions (S60, S90,...) of the rsc file, the message was:
"Not supported"

I also tryed the ScummVM.exe file from scummvm-0.7.1-HandheldPC_ARM.zip. Again the message was:
"Resource file problem". It doesn't get to the exe at all.

So maybe I need rsc file for 9210, and maybe I should try to compile it myself. Sounds very hard to me.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

The S80 version IS compiled for S80 V2 and not S80 V1 (formerly known as Crystal). As the sound support etc is very much different and the amount of memory available etc is very different you cant run any of the Symbian versions on the 9210. Performancewise it is running at around 60 mhz more than half of the speed of the newer S80, so all in all it makes it not a very ideal candiate.
koftipich

Post by koftipich »

I see. If I ever manage to run on 9210 it wont be of any use, because of low resources. Huh, forget it. After all this is one of the bugy devices I ever had. Will continue to use it as a book reader.

Thanks