Adventure Games Wikia

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

MetalSnake

Post by MetalSnake »

Why don't do the articles in an already existent wiki like GamerWiki http://www.gamerwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page ? That's the biggest Wiki about games I know, and even that don't has much stuff, so another Wiki about games makes no sense to me. It won't get very much used I bet. Would be cool though.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

Because I wanted one dedicated to Adventure Games, and those who play them.
timofonic

Post by timofonic »

http://web.archive.org/web/200704281342 ... /Main_Page

http://web.archive.org/web/200702060843 ... _Cornelson

We can dump the content of ifwiki in some way or contat the original authors. A good starting is doing a whois to ifwiki.org domain, so maybe the content can be merged to the new wiki in a faster way :)
df
ScummVM Developer

Post by df »

do you plan on mirroring all the solutions in the if-archive?

and the entire solutionarchive.com? (SA is aimed at text stuff, so no zak/mm/mi solutions there)...

ifwiki is coming back up, BAF of BAF's guide moved house and baf + ifwiki shared an IP addresses, once he has relocated expect them to come back up pretty soon.
timofonic

Post by timofonic »

df wrote: ifwiki is coming back up, BAF of BAF's guide moved house and baf + ifwiki shared an IP addresses, once he has relocated expect them to come back up pretty soon.
Nice news. I was worried about the information being lost so I proposed a solution.
df
ScummVM Developer

Post by df »

The Madventurer wrote:Nice news. I was worried about the information being lost so I proposed a solution.
yeah ifwiki has a lot of info in it, so it would be a mega shame if it went away.
spacetroll

Post by spacetroll »

Just found an old walkthrough on my comp that I wrote years ago for Shadow of Destiny (PS2 - excellent little adventure game if you haven't played it), and I'd like to contribute it at some point... but excuse my ignorance, I don't know much about wikia stuff -- are there specific mods who will be generating all content, or can I go on there and add a page for Shadow of Destiny and its walkthrough (if I can figure out how to do that :P )?
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

You should just have to type in the game name in that box on the front page to create a new page. Then use the GameInfoBox template on the main page and will create links to the other pages (ie walkthroughs, reviews).

As for mods, I'm the only one as of yet, so all the content there is mine so far ;)
spacetroll

Post by spacetroll »

cool, think I'm getting the hang of it... :wink: