Was this scene left out of the amiga version of mi2?

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

clarkey

Was this scene left out of the amiga version of mi2?

Post by clarkey »

There was always a photo of this area on the back of the monkey island 2 box but as a child playing the amiga version i never came across it. Is this becuase i played the game on the easy setting as a child? I will be starting the game on mega monkey soon so am just wondering if it will feature then. Also are then any other areas i have missed?

This is the scene in question. Although on the box it is taken more to the left.

PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Re: Was this scene left out of the amiga version of mi2?

Post by PsYcO »

ive never seen it...
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

clarkey wrote:There was always a photo of this area on the back of the monkey island 2 box but as a child playing the amiga version i never came across it. Is this becuase i played the game on the easy setting as a child? I will be starting the game on mega monkey soon so am just wondering if it will feature then. Also are then any other areas i have missed?
I don't know about the Amiga version, but you are right in thinking that this scene is missing from the easy mode. There are a few rooms, a few characters, and a whole lot of puzzles you don't get to see in easy mode, but I don't remember exactly what they are.
Arantor

Post by Arantor »

This scene is in the Amiga version, I remember having a lot of trouble with it when I was younger!
clarkey

Post by clarkey »

eriktorbjorn wrote:
clarkey wrote:There was always a photo of this area on the back of the monkey island 2 box but as a child playing the amiga version i never came across it. Is this becuase i played the game on the easy setting as a child? I will be starting the game on mega monkey soon so am just wondering if it will feature then. Also are then any other areas i have missed?
I don't know about the Amiga version, but you are right in thinking that this scene is missing from the easy mode. There are a few rooms, a few characters, and a whole lot of puzzles you don't get to see in easy mode, but I don't remember exactly what they are.
Cheers it must be why i never saw it. Cant wait to find out what else i missed.
iPwnzorz

Post by iPwnzorz »

Hard is definately much better than Easy, more to see and do.
df
ScummVM Developer

Post by df »

aah the spitting contest. classic.