Small hands-on guide for using ScummVM for SymbianOS

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

iedutu

Small hands-on guide for using ScummVM for SymbianOS

Post by iedutu »

Hi!

Maybe I'm missing it, but I am reading bits and pieces about how to do some cool stuff. For instance, to enlarge the screen in order to read the small text.

Is there a Wiki page with details, or a page with simple instructions on how to accomplish some important tasks. Ex. swap the screen (the lastest build is for left-handed people :)), zoom in, zoom out ... etc.

Maybe a custom page (HTML simple form) to record various solutions to small problems. Ex. "To zoom in ... press at the same time the round black button and 5" ... etc :)

But again, maybe such thing already exists :)

Thanks a lot!
Cristian.
iedutu

Post by iedutu »

Hi!

Someone please let me know what is the function of the joystick button, and how to zoom in an image.

I'm playing the Indiana Jones 4 and I'm going nuts following that guy in the marketplace ...

Thanks!
Cristian.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

It should be zero (0) first and then keys 1-4 for keyinput, screenmode updates. 0+Cursor keys to scroll around, '0' + Ok button to center view. (This for S60)
iedutu

Post by iedutu »

Hi!

I am still unable to do it ... :(
I tried all the possible combinations ... 0+1, 0+2, 0+3, 0+4 (like press 0, keep it down, then press 1,2,3 or 4). Tried 0-1, 0-2, 0-3, 0-4 ... (press 0, release, press 1). Nothing happens.

Phone: Nokia 6600, Firmware 5.27.0
Scumm version used: scummvm-051203-SymbianS60v2_scumm.sis
Games used: DOTT (DOS/EN), INDY4 (DOS/EN)

Anyway, except for this (I think I just do not know how to do it :)) evertything runs smooth :).

Thanks!
Cristian.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Well try to task away (press app button). and then press and hold the app button and switch back to scummvm and see if it helps. Multikeypress is a problem to keep on in the S60 devices. So times its reset to no multiple keypresses and then system key wont work.
iedutu

Post by iedutu »

Hi!

This actually works :)
Leaving the application and coming back via the 'App' button.

Thanks a lot!
Cristian.
SumthinWicked
ScummVM Porter

Post by SumthinWicked »

I added a mode switching guide for SXX phones to the FAQ @ http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/SymbianOS_FAQ
item "How can I switch between Joy/Key/Cursor and Shrink/Zoom/Upscale modes for SXX devices"

Hope this clears things up:
enjoy!

greetz,
SumthinWicked