Are there any LucasArts adventures you don't like?

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Tinhead Ned

Are there any LucasArts adventures you don't like?

Post by Tinhead Ned »

No doubt about it, they're all pretty darn good. But are there any you can't stand to play?

Personally, I can't see myself sitting through The Dig again any time soon.
whodatfever

Re: Are there any LucasArts adventures you don't like?

Post by whodatfever »

Tinhead Ned wrote:No doubt about it, they're all pretty darn good. But are there ahttp://forums.scummvm.org/posting.php?mode=quote&p=23888&sid=d252186c190291b62812e6f29bb8eebd
forums.scummvm.org :: Post a replyny you can't stand to play?

Personally, I can't see myself sitting through The Dig again any time soon.
No. I love them all. But the Dig was the least loved. My problem is I don't know which I love the most:S&M, DOTT or FT...I'm just getting into IJ&FOA after not having played it in years and I forgot how good it was too. I've never played Monkey Island 1-3 though.
Bobbin

Post by Bobbin »

I loved The Dig, the soundtrack, the alien atmosphere. Grim Fandango never really grew on me and I couldn't get myself to play Monkey4 for more than 30 minutes.
cappuchok

Post by cappuchok »

Monkey4 (EMI), definitely not LucasArts finest. :(
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

I can honestly say that there isnt a single Lucasarts adventure title that i don't love. I'd have to say Maniac Mansion is the one i play least often though.

I personally really enjoyed EFMI although i have my gripes about it as well (not point and click when it feels like it should be, monkey kombat ver.1, and the REAL secret of monkey island *ouch*)

Playing the game again on PS2 addressed many of those issues for me though, the control seems more natural and monkey kombat makes more sense and has an auto pop-up combination list when you hold l2 (i think)
Monolith

Post by Monolith »

No! love them all :D
Tseki

Post by Tseki »

Actually LucasArts have not made a bad adventure game in my opinion. The best game is Fate of Atlantis but every one else is good or very good too.
clem

Post by clem »

Yoda desktop adventures or whatever that was called comes to mind :)
spacetroll

Post by spacetroll »

clem wrote:Yoda desktop adventures or whatever that was called comes to mind :)
I confess I am a fan of both Indy Desktop Adventures and Yoda Stories... There are worse ways to waste fifteen minutes, especially if you're sick of Minesweeper!

I think I dislike Escape From Monkey Island enough to call it bad. The first time I played it I thought it was OK, if disappointing, but a few months ago I went to play it again and barely made it off Lucre Island before I'd had enough.
Gordon Pym

Post by Gordon Pym »

Grim Fandango.

I just never got into it.

I can never get into that 'up is forward and you turn with left and right' type gameplay. Except Resident Evil, I guess. But that's one of the defining things about it.

Loved the style.
doc labyrinth

Post by doc labyrinth »

Escape from Monkey Island was the first game in the MI series that I played, I loved it, and it got me into the original MI games, which I loved even more (CoMI is in the mail, I have yet to play it). The problem with the newer 3D games such as EMI is that we all know and love the point and click format. My favorite games when they came out were Sam n Max and Full Throttle. I couldn't really get into the Dig, and I really liked Day of the Tentacle and the Fate of Atlantis. Though I never finished TFoA, I was a wee boy when it was out, it got too tough after a while. I just spent the past half hour scouring through my old CD-Roms trying to find it, but alas, no luck. I'll have to regroup and try again.
TheRedEye

Post by TheRedEye »

doc labyrinth wrote:The problem with the newer 3D games such as EMI is that we all know and love the point and click format.
No, the problem with EMI is that it is a bad game. Grim Fandango wasn't point and click, and it is one of the best games ever made.
spacetroll

Post by spacetroll »

TheRedEye wrote: No, the problem with EMI is that it is a bad game. Grim Fandango wasn't point and click, and it is one of the best games ever made.
Hear hear!
doc labyrinth

Post by doc labyrinth »

then i guess i should have said that that was MY problem with it. i liked the game, sorry if that offends you. also, i've never played grim fandango, so i guess i should get on that.
Theo Rettisch

Post by Theo Rettisch »

Did anyone play Labyrinth? Noone? Good decision! :wink: