New release! ScummVM 0.X.0: "Tic-tac-toe edition"

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

knakos
ScummVM Porter

New release! ScummVM 0.X.0: "Tic-tac-toe edition"

Post by knakos »

Finally, here it is! Our long awaited, best-ever new release, ScummVM 0.X.0 (or 0.10.0, for those roman numeral challenged amongst you), code named "Tic-tac-toe edition", has arrived today. Now available in stores, err, on download servers worldwide!

"What's new? What's in it? Can I open it up yet?" - Hah, I can already see you shifting impatiently on your seats. But before you run, let me shed some light on the details of this latest installment of the successful ScummVM series:

* Several new engines and thus new games supported:
* Sierra AGI engine: Space Quest I & II, King's Quest I-III and many more, including a vast number of fan-made games,
* Cinematique evo 1 engine: Future Wars,
* GOB engine: Bargon Attack, Gobliins 2, Goblins 3, Ween: The Prophecy,
* AGOS engine: Simon the Sorcerer's Puzzle Pack,
* Parallaction engine: Nippon Safes Inc.,
* Touche: The Adventures of the Fifth Musketeer engine.
* DXA movies (higher quality than MPEG2) can be compressed better now and can be used for the Broken Sword cutscenes.
* Added 'Mass Add' feature to the Launcher, which allows you to scan for all games in all subdirectories of a given directory (to use it, press shift then click on "Add Game").
* Many nice improvements to our ports.
* And as usual a gazillion small fixes, tweaks and improvements.

So, what are you waiting for? Go and grab your free copy of the best-ever ScummVM while it's still hot!

P.S.: The SourceForge.net download mirrors are a bit slow when it comes to syncing, hence it can happen that your download fails or is corrupt after the first try. Don't give up, just try to download from another mirror!

P.S.2: Copied from Fingolfin's post in scummvm.org
Glorfindel

Post by Glorfindel »

Guys, hats off to you! Touche, NSI, Gob 2/3, ALL the Sierra AGI games... and the list continues :o This is just AMAZING!!!
Now what should we expect for the 0.11.0 (or 0.1.0 :) ) release???(obviously Discworld 1&2, IHNMAIMS, KOM, Curse of Enchantia, Lure, The Big Red Adventure and all the Sierra SCI games - eh eh eh)
Keep Up The Good Work!!!
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Glorfindel wrote: Now what should we expect for the 0.11.0 (or 0.1.0 :) ) release???
No one knows about 0.11.0, of course, but 0.1.0 was released over five years ago. It supports:

Monkey Island 1 (CD version)
Monkey Island 2
Indiana Jones And The Fate Of Atlantis
Day Of The Tentacle
Sam & Max (partially)

So you don't need to speculate. :)
fac

Post by fac »

Elvira demo is also detected by ScummVM 0.10.0. I've read that now the game can be finished. Is it supported by this version or someone forgot to disable it.
clem

Post by clem »

congratulations!
Glorfindel

Post by Glorfindel »

but 0.1.0 was released over five years ago
oops :oops: , obviously i mean 1.0.0, eh eh

BTW, fac is right, both Elvira 1 and 2 can be played...
Kirben

Post by Kirben »

fac wrote:Elvira demo is also detected by ScummVM 0.10.0. I've read that now the game can be finished. Is it supported by this version or someone forgot to disable it.
Elvira 1/2 wasn't disabled, since they are playable and could be completable.

Elvira 1/2 is only officially supported under ScummVM 0.11.0svn though.
iPwnzorz

Post by iPwnzorz »

Right so I have C:\GAMES that has GAMES\BASS, GAMES\SWORD\1 and \SWORD\2, GAMES\MONKEY (with \1 \2 \3 \4).

It adds them all right?

Now to the hoorays:

HOORAY! Fresh baked SCUMM!
timofonic

Post by timofonic »

CABAL for 0.XI.0.

For 0.XII.0 ...conquer the world! ;)

Mmmm, the meaning of ScummVM is 42?

Thanks a lot for this impressive project, it makes us the adventure gamers be happy :')
Last edited by timofonic on Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
clem

Post by clem »

iPwnzorz wrote:Right so I have C:\GAMES that has GAMES\BASS, GAMES\SWORD\1 and \SWORD\2, GAMES\MONKEY (with \1 \2 \3 \4).

It adds them all right?
last time I tried it, the mass-add feature was activated by ctrl or alt key, not sure - should change the button text of the "add game" button

haven't added any new games in ages though :)
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

clem wrote:
iPwnzorz wrote:Right so I have C:\GAMES that has GAMES\BASS, GAMES\SWORD\1 and \SWORD\2, GAMES\MONKEY (with \1 \2 \3 \4).

It adds them all right?
last time I tried it, the mass-add feature was activated by ctrl or alt key, not sure - should change the button text of the "add game" button

haven't added any new games in ages though :)
shift + add game
Adventureguy

Post by Adventureguy »

Yay, finally, a new stable version! Cooool! 8)
Great, I gotta play all my games with this build. Especially on my Pocket PC.
marzipan

Post by marzipan »

Would be cool if you could mass-delete games off lists too, like if you want to clean up a list much quicker. And allow keys like Y, Enter etc to act as a "saying yes" shortcut on a yes/no window, Windows-style, instead of having to manually click Yes/No every time. ;)
saulob

Post by saulob »

Congratulation guys :D

Thanks.
fabio

Post by fabio »

I noticed that, while I have Italian BS1 data files (with Italian speech), when I add the game it starts with English text, unless I manually select Italian in the config; would be nice to add a feature to use as the default language the same language used for speech.

The new Cutscenen in DXA+FLAC format are great! Here are BS1 Cutscenes Italian localization in FLAC format:

Broken Sword 1 Cutscene Pack (Italian AddOn) in FLAC format: (11M) Overwrite files in English Pack with files from this archive

I got these with:

Code: Select all

$ ffmpeg -i /mnt/cd2/smackshi/finale.smk finale.wav
$ flac --best -b 1152 --lax finale.wav
The last thing: what's the point in supporting .clf (FLAC) speech in BS2, if, as stated in README in scummvm-tools, FLAC files are bigger than original (already compressed) speech?