Apparently I have an unknown version of Gobliiins

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

JDAdams

Apparently I have an unknown version of Gobliiins

Post by JDAdams »

SCUMMVM SVN tells me my version of Gobliiins is unknown and asked me to report this, so here are the details - hope this helps somebody:

"intro.stk", "8bd873137b6831c896ee8ad217a6a398", 3295368

This is from a SierraOriginals double-pack of English-language Gobliiins and Gobliins 2.

On another note I have a Legend of Kyrandia CD from Hit Squad which isn't actually the CD version, just the floppy game on a CD (no speech, data file match the floppy spec)! Robbing gits!
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Which date is specified on that SVN build? This version is Gobliiins CD Multilangual and has been known for a while.

I just checked and it gets detected and run normally.

Besides, forum aren't best place for submitting such reports as it is stated in forum rules.

Eugene
JDAdams

Post by JDAdams »

Sorry - I did read that but wasn't sure if this was a bug as such since it seems to run fine. I just downloaded the latest SVN today - the readme gives this data:

"Last updated: $Date: 2007-05-28 06:28:43 +1000 (Mon, 28 May 2007)"
spookypeanut
ScummVM Developer

Post by spookypeanut »

Hmmm, I too have the multilingual CD, and it seems to detect & run fine. Is it possible there were errors in copying the files? Try re-copying them, see if it helps. But looking at it again, those seem to be exactly the details (md5 & filesize) of my intro.stk. Something very peculiar is afoot...

I too was peeved when I picked up that kyrandia "cd" to find it was the floppy version. I don't understand why either, why not produce it with full speech? Wouldn't it cost exactly the same?
JDAdams

Post by JDAdams »

Tried recopying, also checked the original file on the CD, which matches my two copies. I've tired on both my desktop and my laptop, with today's build now, and I always get a message that it's an unknown build. It does run fine though - spooky, are you sure you're not getting the message in the background window behind the game one?
spookypeanut
ScummVM Developer

Post by spookypeanut »

Absolutely sure, all I get is

Code: Select all

Looking for gob
Trying to start game 'Gob engine game'
Then the game is running.

Does the title bar of the scummvm window have the same date as the README?

Edit: I mean the gui window, before you select gob2
JDAdams

Post by JDAdams »

Yup - May 31st on the build I'm using now. Well this is strange!
spookypeanut
ScummVM Developer

Post by spookypeanut »

Hang on... this is gob2 isn't it? Those checksums for me refer to gob2, but i see in your original post you say gobliiins...
JDAdams

Post by JDAdams »

Nope, Gob2 is in a separate directory and runs just fine - no MD5 complaints.
spookypeanut
ScummVM Developer

Post by spookypeanut »

Ignore my previous post: the checksum/size that I posted do refer to gob1, and I definitely don't get a checksum warning.

This is very peculiar, and unfortunately without having an in-depth knowledge of how gob1 is detected, I can't really do much more. I should submit a bug report, that way the problem can be investigated in a more structured way by someone who has a better idea of what is going on!