SVN Build updated

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

fehmi

Post by fehmi »

scummvm-070522-SymbianS60v3_all seems to work fine on my Nokia E50 :D But I encounter frequent crashes with the sub SCUMM build, even in the top SCUMM menu... :roll:[/i]
deept3

Goblins on n73

Post by deept3 »

Hi im using a nokia n73
im having problems with gob2 and gob3.
Gob2 fails to run the intro file, it doesnt run at all.
About gob3 the situation is different because the game works but it has a problem with the horizontal scrolling which makes it impossible to advance thru the game.
I am using the latest svn build 070522.

Btw, if gob1 2 and 3 are available, whats the possiblity of ever playing woodruff? (sort of gob4).

Thanks and keep up the good work. -Aviv
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

I think Woodruff is a VGA resolution game, so that would stop the game from beeing playable.

Nice to hear that Gob3 is kind of playable. Have n't tested my self with Gob2, lacking both a phone and the game so quite hard to do.
DrMcCoy
ScummVM Developer

Post by DrMcCoy »

Anotherguest wrote:I think Woodruff is a VGA resolution game, so that would stop the game from beeing playable.
Since it's only a bigger resolution (640x480) and not more colors, that not a problem (I actually have already hacked support in in my local copy and Woodruff is startable. It's not ready for check-in, though). Woodruff will be playable some time in the future. Right now, I'm unfortunately a bit out of time... :/
Sweeet

Post by Sweeet »

Thank you, anotherguest, for making a new build.

The main problem form me remains:
No keybord input possible on the Nokia E61/E61i/E62 for AGI games (number keys cannot be used to enter the letters on the same key).

Icon shows only the black outline instead of the green 'S'.

Anyhow, please do keep up the good work.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Hmm Thats true that the E61 keyboard is indeed a very special variant. So special keyboard support has to be added for that series of phones. You should still be able to use the multitap, but for AGI of course you would like to use the real keyboad.
deept3

Post by deept3 »

Can you do something about Gob 3 so it would be playable on the Symbian port?

and why is gob 2 not working?
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

I think I can have a look at Gob2, since that should be supported. For Gob3. Well. Not sure..
deept3

Post by deept3 »

As i said, gob 3 is WORKING, only the horizontal scrolling isn't working which makes the game unplayable.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Found the problem for Gob2 I think. I will try it on a phone and if it works I will post a new pre-0.10.0 version.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Gob/Gob2 is really really not working. Hmm have to look at it. I have one day to fix it for 0.10.0 release. :-)
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

And Gob2 works very nice indeed on a 6630 (after some struct alignment patching). So only on newer targets I get this problem.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Now I managed to run Gob2 & 3 on a M600. But I can see two possible issues here.
a) File loading seems to be very slow and cpu consuming.
b) Struct packing might be out of order somehow. If this is the case, then there are some serious struct reworking to be done.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Pre-0.10.0 build

Post by Anotherguest »

Ohh so flags to the compiler can affect things. At least for a UIQ3 phone.

Uploading pre-0.10.0 version for UIQ3 and S60v3.
The UIQ3 version has working (at least starting) Gob1, Gob2, Kyrandia, ITE, Atlantis,AGI, Simon 2. S60v3 will be uploaded shortly, whilst the UIQ3 version is already in place

And as a comment! Expect SLOW/LONG loading times, specially for Queen, Simon games, since it seems like gamedetection has gone abit slow again. :-)
goetz

Post by goetz »

The pre-0.10.0 build seems to run fine on Nokia E60 (S60 3rd), except for the expired certificate. You have to set the date back be able to install it. :(

A question about the zone key: Have you changed the zone key code in the 2007-05-22 version (or maybe even in the 2007-03-22, pre-0.10.0 behaves similar)?

When I use the zone key, additional right clicks are issued making it unusable in games where a right click has some function: In MI2, DOTT, Atlantis, Loom for example an action is selected and the character starts doing it, when you hit the zone key. In Sam&Max whenever the zone key is pushed, the tool changes. Additionally, the zone key moves the cursor to the next zone, as it should. I have checked, if there is a "bad" mapping set for the right click key, but found none.

If this problem is not easy to fix, I may open a bug report at sf.net.

- Goetz