Gamecube

Discussion about other and unofficial ports of ScummVM

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Epervier 666

Post by Epervier 666 »

Yop

I use normal DVD : Just open your Cube, and you can use one (I have buy a new Box only for that :D )

Well, thx for your great Job, and thx Nick for your reply :)
Mr_Nick666

Post by Mr_Nick666 »

rodo wrote:Hi,

I've detected the saving problem, I will fix it and release the new package tonight.

As for the usage of a miniDVD, I am having trouble finding a miniDVD that my GameCube can read reliably, as soon as I get one I will be able to add this to the release.

Best Regards,

Rodolfo
Thanks so much man :D This is definately the best emulator I have running on my Wii :P
Mr_Nick666

Post by Mr_Nick666 »

Rodo has emailed me the latest version (saving bug fix) 8)

Ive hosted it at my site and the link is here :wink:
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

Can I just ask, I'm using this on a PAL Gamecube and the screen is shifted to the left, with a small amount cut off. Does anyone else have this problem? It's not a major problem but every now and then some of the speech text is missing on MI.

I've tried tinkering with the screen offset in the Gamecube settings but it doesn't seem to have any effect. I've also tried using my Nintendo RGB cable and the RGB cable I made for my NTSC Gamecube, both display the same shifted screen.
Mr_Nick666

Post by Mr_Nick666 »

Yeah - Ive noticed a marginal left shift myself (Im playing through Broken Sword 1 at the moment and Im missing about 1/5 of the exit conversation tab). Are you not using the "talkie" version of MI? :?

Thats on a PAL Wii by the way! :)
Roman

Post by Roman »

The shift to the left exists because GC-Linux ignores our x-axis settings from our GameCube dashboards.

Every GC-Linux app has this problem if your TV isn't a monitor-like modern one.

I have the additional problem, that my TV starts to display stuff on the y-axis very late, so I can't read the text in the FM Towns versions at all.
arablizzard2413

Post by arablizzard2413 »

I've been using Rodo's port for a while and now I've run into a problem with the balloon ride. I'm using the talkie version of Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis on the team path, every time the balloon exists the first screen the game crashes and asks if I want to reload ScummVM.

I'm using SDLoad (AR 1.06 w/ SD-Gekko) on a Wii. Also, using the component cable doesn't seem to work even in 480i.
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

Roman wrote:The shift to the left exists because GC-Linux ignores our x-axis settings from our GameCube dashboards.

Every GC-Linux app has this problem if your TV isn't a monitor-like modern one.
I guess you mean an LCD TV? Do you know if there's any way to fix the shift??
Roman wrote:I have the additional problem, that my TV starts to display stuff on the y-axis very late, so I can't read the text in the FM Towns versions at all.
Sounds bad, maybe my small screen shift isn't that bad.

Anyway, I picked up a cheap 1GB SD card and I've tested a few more games. The only "problems" I've noticed are probably due to the slow speed of the SD card access, I lose audio sync in the animations in COMI, for example ... i.e. LeChuck will say something in the opening sequence and then a second or two later I can hear him say it.

From memory all my SCUMM games have the audio converted to OGG format and the bun files are also compressed (I think, it was a long time ago when I installed all the games).

I would test more but Half Life 2 on the Xbox is the current flavour of the month.
Mr_Nick666

Post by Mr_Nick666 »

I havent really noticed the sound being out myself but I suppose youre less likely to notice when the characters lips move randomly anyway! :lol:

I got an email from rodo the other day saying "I will see what I can do about centering the image on the screen :)" so fingers crossed he finds a solution 8)
Roman

Post by Roman »

Jimbob wrote:
Roman wrote:Every GC-Linux app has this problem if your TV isn't a monitor-like modern one.
I guess you mean an LCD TV? Do you know if there's any way to fix the shift??
Not only LCD, but yes, LCDs shouldn't have the problem. Many modern TVs (LCD or not) have their own y/z axis settings or they display basically everything from line 0 column 0.

The only way to fix this inside of ScummVM for GC-Linux would be Rodolfo. :)
He needs to find the settings for the ScummVM SDL output window and has to add user controllable varibles to it's x/y starting numbers.

But it seems Rodo is at it already:
Mr_Nick wrote:I got an email from rodo the other day saying "I will see what I can do about centering the image on the screen " so fingers crossed he finds a solution
Great to hear! :)
Jimbob wrote:Anyway, I picked up a cheap 1GB SD card and I've tested a few more games. The only "problems" I've noticed are probably due to the slow speed of the SD card access, I lose audio sync in the animations in COMI, for example
I'm still using the old PSO/BBA method to run GC-Linux and I've noticed this problem only when I'm using the Roland emulation with the special ROM set in ScummVM. The cube doesn't seem to have enough RAM for it IMHO.
Jimbob wrote:From memory all my SCUMM games have the audio converted to OGG format and the bun files are also compressed (I think, it was a long time ago when I installed all the games).
I'm using compressed audio, too, so this isn't the problem IMHO.

@Rodo: Are you setting up an ARAM swap with your GC-Linux? The standard GC-Linux NBD image does it on startup, perhaps that's the difference.
rodo

Post by rodo »

Roman wrote:I'm still using the old PSO/BBA method to run GC-Linux and I've noticed this problem only when I'm using the Roland emulation with the special ROM set in ScummVM. The cube doesn't seem to have enough RAM for it IMHO.
Jimbob wrote:From memory all my SCUMM games have the audio converted to OGG format and the bun files are also compressed (I think, it was a long time ago when I installed all the games).
I'm using compressed audio, too, so this isn't the problem IMHO.
I will test some games with compressed audio to see whats up.
Roman wrote: @Rodo: Are you setting up an ARAM swap with your GC-Linux? The standard GC-Linux NBD image does it on startup, perhaps that's the difference.
Yes, I am setting the ARAM swap during start up. :)
Mr_Nick666

Post by Mr_Nick666 »

Is there any chance of adding support for more types of SD cards too? :shock: There may be assistance code wise at TehSkeen here (you may have to register but its spam and hassle free) :wink:
Epervier 666

Post by Epervier 666 »

And the DVD !!!!
Don't forget the DVD !!!

:lol:

I hope it will work, i'm too jealous of people playing Monkey Island on TV screen...

Anyway, thx for your great work !

Ploum
neost

Post by neost »

Hello, I'm sorry for my english, i'm French.
I'm Looking everywhere on the net and no one tells me about my problem. Maybe can you help me ( please :roll: )

I'm using a Gamecube without modification, an SD Media Launcher from Datel ( Using an SD Card, and a CD) and the version of Scummvm called scummvmgc-p3 .

My problem: I can't save with any game (Full Throttle, Sam & Max, Monkey...) each time I have the following message "Failed to save on (noun of the game)" or something like that.

At start, Scummvm won't launch because some files are bad configured (in properties : some files are checked or not on "archives" or "read only") after having found the good adjust, I thought the save has the same problem but it hasn't.

I hope you can help me. thank you.
rodo

Post by rodo »

Mr_Nick666 wrote:Is there any chance of adding support for more types of SD cards too?
I am using GC-Linux as the core for the release, so I don't have much control over the SDCard driver.
Epervier 666 wrote:And the DVD !!!!
Don't forget the DVD !!!
The DVD version will soon be available :)