The good...

Zak McCraken - Runs perfectly and Saves/Loads
Beneath a Steel Sky - Runs perfectly and Saves/Loads
Monkey Island 1 - Runs perfectly and Saves/Loads
Sam and Max Hit the Road - Runs perfectly and Saves/Loads
Broken Sword 1 - Runs perfectly and Saves/Loads
Day of the Tenticle - Runs perfectly and Saves/Loads
Flight of the Amazon Queen - Runs perfectly and Saves/Loads
Gobliiiiins - Runs perfectly and Loads (not sure how to save on it!)

The not so good!

Monkey Island 2 - Cant get past the Lamo copy protection (being able to input a number would solve - maybe one of the unused buttons could be assigned a number?)
Simon the Sorcerer 1 - Runs perfectly but you are unable to save (assigning one of the unused buttons to Enter would solve)

Will post more results as I try them :D
boeikaas

Post by boeikaas »

Franjo wrote:
Mr_Nick666 wrote: Shame about not being able to save all games though :cry:
well, at least i am able to save at "day of the tentacle" :mrgreen:
boeikaas wrote:WORKS WITH A MICRO SD CARD I HAVE
great! :D
The only problem is that cannot use the card because it my girlfriends sd card for her phone.
I hope he fix the card problems in his next release:)
Mr_Nick666

Post by Mr_Nick666 »

Slight update to list...

The good...

Zak McCraken - Runs perfectly and Saves/Loads
Beneath a Steel Sky - Runs perfectly and Saves/Loads
Monkey Island 1 - Runs perfectly and Saves/Loads
Sam and Max Hit the Road - Runs perfectly and Saves/Loads
Broken Sword 1 - Runs perfectly and Saves/Loads
Day of the Tenticle - Runs perfectly and Saves/Loads
Flight of the Amazon Queen - Runs perfectly and Saves/Loads
Gobliiiiins - Runs perfectly and Loads (not sure how to save on it!)

The not so good!

Monkey Island 2 - Cant get past the Lamo copy protection (being able to input a number would solve - maybe one of the unused buttons could be assigned a number?)
Simon the Sorcerer 1 - Runs perfectly but you are unable to save (assigning one of the unused buttons to Enter would solve)
Simon the Sorcerer 2 - Runs perfectly but you are unable to save (assigning one of the unused buttons to Enter would solve)

Will post more results as I try them....
FelidaeRex

Post by FelidaeRex »

doesnt matter wich version i use...

mount: mounting /dev/sdcarda1 on /sdcard failed: no such device or adress

insert a different sd-card with scummvm/scummvmf.bz2.

retry in 20 19.......

This version got the same bug as the version before...
I use it on my SDGecko and it cant find the "scummvmf.bz2"-file becase it looks after "scummvmf.bz2.". I dunno if it is important, that there is a last dot at the filename...

I tryed to use it on Wii with Wiikey and Gamecube XenoGC and SDGecko 1GB SDCard
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

Mr_Nick666 wrote:Gobliiiiins - Runs perfectly and Loads (not sure how to save on it!)
Though I know little about Gobliiins, I believe it just uses a password system (again, feel free to correct me).
boeikaas

Post by boeikaas »

FelidaeRex wrote:doesnt matter wich version i use...

mount: mounting /dev/sdcarda1 on /sdcard failed: no such device or adress

insert a different sd-card with scummvm/scummvmf.bz2.

retry in 20 19.......

This version got the same bug as the version before...
I use it on my SDGecko and it cant find the "scummvmf.bz2"-file becase it looks after "scummvmf.bz2.". I dunno if it is important, that there is a last dot at the filename...

I tryed to use it on Wii with Wiikey and Gamecube XenoGC and SDGecko 1GB SDCard
For some reason it will only work on some cards. Try some different if you have.
Mr_Nick666

Post by Mr_Nick666 »

boeikaas wrote:For some reason it will only work on some cards. Try some different if you have.
I concur - having tried a few cards...

Maybe everyone could say what there using!

Im using a Datel 1gb Card
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

I'm using a tiny Viking Interworks 128MB card.

And it was so nice to play Monkey Island on the TV, lay in bed!!
AndreMASTER

Post by AndreMASTER »

As I said before, it may has something to do with the SD Cards and the (maybe) old version of liboGC which was used to compile. Just like some older emulators from SoftDev (http://www.tehskeen.com) which indeed had SD Card support but some cards (newer ones) just weren't recognized by the emulators. Later new versions of the emulators were released which were compiled with a newer version of liboGC and suddenly all emulators worked with all different SD Cards. Correct me if I'm wrong.
tehpola

Post by tehpola »

to Andre: Although you're right, I believe this was developed using a gc-linux mini distro, not libOGC.
Neither releases have worked for me (un-modded Wii with SDLoad). I just simply get a black screen when I load the dol. Is the fs archive supposed to be bz2 or bz2. because I've heard some things about the bz2. but haven't been able to try it myself. Also, I'm wondering where the source code is available, because I'd like to look at it a little, and see if I can't get it working for me.
Mr_Nick666

Post by Mr_Nick666 »

tehpola wrote:to Andre: Although you're right, I believe this was developed using a gc-linux mini distro, not libOGC.
Neither releases have worked for me (un-modded Wii with SDLoad). I just simply get a black screen when I load the dol. Is the fs archive supposed to be bz2 or bz2. because I've heard some things about the bz2. but haven't been able to try it myself. Also, I'm wondering where the source code is available, because I'd like to look at it a little, and see if I can't get it working for me.
It could well be the card youre using... I have an unmodded PAL Wii using SD Media Launcher and only one out of the three cards I have work (the ones that arent recognised load the .dol then freeze on a black screen).. I can confirm the files in the DL are all fine too :)
tehpola

Post by tehpola »

Well, the card I'm using shouldn't really matter... it works, I've run a number of things on it (GenPlus, SNES9XGX, stuff I've written, etc). So if the problem is that it doesn't recognize the card, the solution isn't to get a new card, its to make the software recognize it. Anyone have a link to the source?
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

tehpola wrote:Well, the card I'm using shouldn't really matter... it works, I've run a number of things on it (GenPlus, SNES9XGX, stuff I've written, etc). So if the problem is that it doesn't recognize the card, the solution isn't to get a new card, its to make the software recognize it. Anyone have a link to the source?
You could try emailing Rodo about the source code, AFAIK it hasn't been published for the Gamecube version.
Mr_Nick666

Post by Mr_Nick666 »

I emailed Rodo with my test results and havent heard anything as yet :(

All we need is the ability to input "1" and "Return" and this emulator would be perfect! 8)

Can it not be decompiled? (Im no coder) :oops:
rodo

Post by rodo »

Mr_Nick666 wrote:I emailed Rodo with my test results and havent heard anything as yet :(

All we need is the ability to input "1" and "Return" and this emulator would be perfect! 8)
My apologies for not replying before, I will be working on the controls this week to allow the input of some numbers and the enter key.

Rodolfo