New guy needs help!

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

VoiVoiVoi

New guy needs help!

Post by VoiVoiVoi »

Hi guys, I had a look through your pages but I couldn't find anything so I thought I'd ask.

I'm running Mac OSX 4.9 and I've just downloaded ScummVM. I've got a copy of Sam & Max but I haven't got either the CD or the floppy discs.

All I have is a setup.exe file and I can't seem to do anything with it.

Am I screwed?

Thanks in adavnce!
Jimbob

Re: New guy needs help!

Post by Jimbob »

VoiVoiVoi wrote:Hi guys, I had a look through your pages but I couldn't find anything so I thought I'd ask.

I'm running Mac OSX 4.9 and I've just downloaded ScummVM. I've got a copy of Sam & Max but I haven't got either the CD or the floppy discs.

All I have is a setup.exe file and I can't seem to do anything with it.

Am I screwed?
Yes, I think you are. You need the CD version to (easily) get the data files needed to run the game. I believe LucasArts has just re-released a lot of their old adventure games, so it shouldn't be too hard to find a copy in the shops.

HTH
sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

You will need an original copy of that game, theres no support provided for copies.
VoiVoiVoi

Post by VoiVoiVoi »

Okay, got a disc, so thats that problem sorted.

But... I've got to the part in the game where you have to find Frog Rock through the binoculars.

Again, I've had a look through your pages for help but I'm using a Mac and I don't have a right clicky button and I've tried all the suggestions and unless I'm being daft, none of them are working.

Are there any other Mac users who can tell me what I need to do?

Thanks again!
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

VoiVoiVoi wrote: Are there any other Mac users who can tell me what I need to do?
I'm not a Mac user (if you don't count the Mac Plus stashed away in my closet), but according to the README file...
In the Macintosh port, the right mouse button is emulated via Cmd-Click (that is, you click the mouse button while holding the Command/Apple/Propeller key).
VoiVoiVoi

Post by VoiVoiVoi »

Thats great!

Maybe I'll learn how to read next time...

Good work fella!