Long pauses between lines in Full Throttle

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Jer

Long pauses between lines in Full Throttle

Post by Jer »

I've run into a problem that had been seen a while ago but had no fixes other that turning up the subtitle speed. The only version of SCUMM that will fix this problem for me is the Jun 2/06 0.9.0 release. The stable versions and the new versions all have the dialog lines delivered and then quite a few seconds of the animations moving their mouths before the next line. Anyone else running into this?

Jer.
TribeHasSpoken

Post by TribeHasSpoken »

It sounds to me like the subtitle speed setting has been altered. For most games I find that 3 is the right setting.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Have you copied the game files to your hard disk, or are you running the game straight from the CD-ROM? You're supposed to copy them to your hard drive
Jer

Post by Jer »

Yeah I have everything on Hard Disk. I've never run into this problem before.

Later that same day... I just tried 0.10.0 March 18 on Vista Ultimate and it works fine! Go figure. I'll try XP again tomorrow.
Jer

Post by Jer »

I just tried XP and it worked O.K. until I changed the text speed slider. After that nothing I did would get it back to normal. Then I went to Vista and downloaded the newest version and ran it, no problems no matter what I do. Huh.

Jer.
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Did you try changing the text speed slider *into the other direction* ? A typical problem with it is that people mix up "text speed" vs. "text slowdown" (admitedly because our GUI can be slightly confusing).

To quickly test it, just use the + and - hotkeys.
Jer

Post by Jer »

Yup, that fixed it. I thought I had tried it in every setting but I guess not. Thanks for your help.

Jer.