Some Music from Simon the sorcerre

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Musicman

Some Music from Simon the sorcerre

Post by Musicman »

Hello,

my Name is peter, i am 50 Years old, and i have made some mp3s from simon the sorcerer.

I have uploadet 2 Files, because i dont have a profesional account of rapid share.

Just download it and hear

http://rapidshare.com/files/20490879/bridge1.rar

Regards

Peter
FeebleFiles1

Post by FeebleFiles1 »

Wow that sounds really great. I can hear that you used real instruments.

I find it a little bit better then the Music from the SCUMM Enhancement Project.

Your Sound is very clearly, the Drumset is very cool

Great Work
sam_vimes

Post by sam_vimes »

hi,
i just joined to give my compliment to this music.
FeebleFiles1 wrote:Wow that sounds really great. I can hear that you used real instruments.
i agree, the instruments sound like real instruments.

a bit better than the music, i agree, too, please make some more tunes like this one :D

good work, peter,

sam_vimes
FeebleFiles1

Post by FeebleFiles1 »

Hello,

yes it is a great music i find. But i don't understand, why nobody else responded.

Please write something in this topic. Its really great music, and i dont find i good that you only hear the music of the Enhancement project.

That is not fair.

He makes it with many arduousness, so please write something. Imagine, you written this topic and so less people responded.

I hope you will understand that.
tadhock

Post by tadhock »

Wow - these sound very good. I like - more please! :P
Larson

Post by Larson »

I love it! Bring on more...
Brian!

Post by Brian! »

Sounds quite good, more of that please! 8)
triton

Post by triton »

Those sound really good.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Great work indeed! :) Well done
timofonic

Post by timofonic »

Great tunes, it sounds incredible! Are you a proffesional musician? What about trying more tunes? Thanks for making those nice tunes, even if you don't want to make more.

A friend said me that music are samples, but they sound better than average MIDI.

Maybe you want to join into the ScummVM Music Enhacement project, so it can be a Team project and effort can be shared between various people.

FeebleFiles1: I readed you are working on some music study (not remember the words) and hear some Beneath a Steel Sky made by your music study.

It could be amazing if some musicians join and be a group like The Precursors. If that idea were to be done, what name do you want?
Musicman

Post by Musicman »

Yes you have been right. It's made with samples (but not with standart samples) some of it were made special for that songs.

My goal is it to make the best of the samples. There are many other people who work with samples, such as Hans Zimmer, a big film music composer.

No i am not musican, but i am Sound Engineer. I made these tunes to test my new program (Logic Audio)

I will consider this weekend if i want to join your group and if it is good when i am going to make more music for scummvm. Yes i have also talked with feeble Files. He makes also music and at the moment he is making the music from BASS. He is also a great musican. He said to me he works with cubase SX.

Regards

Peter
timofonic

Post by timofonic »

I'm not from the ScummVM Music Enhacement project, it is a project from James Woodcock.

I explained incorrectly, I meaned it could be nice if that group is created.

Did you developed an audio app? It will be commercial or Open Source? Logic Audio is a known name from Atari ST and Mac, find about Logic Audio from Emagic. Apple acquired Emagic in July 2002.
JamesWoodcock

Post by JamesWoodcock »

Hi all

Sorry but I will not be working with other people to create soundtracks. This is not to be a pain, but simply because I really enjoy the process and by doing it all myself, the soundtrack as a whole sounds more uniform and not segmented.

This is not to say though that I won't be accepting advice and feedback.

I wish other people luck who have a go at soundtracks and look forward to hearing more... I am sure we can all enjoy each others work without it feeling like a competition.