feeble files grabber machine problem

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

domino

feeble files grabber machine problem

Post by domino »

ok im in a situation when i need to grab a red fish and a wild cat doll from a grabber machine in the arcade but i just cant get them. i was trying like 50 times and i dont know what am i doing wrong. funny thing is that i grabbed this yellow frisbie thing in one first go. so im asking you guys did i trigger some obscure bug in scummvm or am i really doing it wrong? i have tried stable and subversion release and no difference :/
nabla

Post by nabla »

That is probably no bug. I tried a lot until I got them! It is import to choose the right height. IIRC the fingertips of the grabber take the items so you must not be too far down. The complete game hall just sucked...
domino

Post by domino »

ok i got it now. i thought the whole hand grabs the objects but just like you said i need to use a fingertip :/ man, after this whole thing about gaining tokens in the arcade machine i was so frustrated i thought i leave this game and never come back. i mean this game is really great, good story and stuff but it looks like some of the puzzles were made just to make you so angry that you want to throw your pc through the window :/ i hope there wont be any more such stupid puzzles in the rest of the game. anyway, enough complaining. thanks for the tip :)
the_butterfly_queen_uk

Post by the_butterfly_queen_uk »

I'm having the same problem. I thought it was a bug as I've been stuck on the grabber machine for like 2 weeks lol. Thanks for the tip nabla.