[Very Important] Which Games use SCUMM? And many more.....

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

kante_1

[Very Important] Which Games use SCUMM? And many more.....

Post by kante_1 »

Which games use Scumm ?
- Tony Tough ?
- ToonStruck ?
- BazookaSue ?
- Know anyone Other Games ? :?: :?:

Is there a way to make them run with ScummVM ?
Or Which games would be compatible in the future ?
Is There an other way to make them run in ScummVM ?
- Can anyone port other Games/make them compatible?
*Is that impossible :shock: ?

THX for Answers
clem

Post by clem »

[doubleplus VERY IMPORTANT ANSWER]

did you try the FAQ? or the compatibility list?

http://www.scummvm.org/faq.php
http://www.scummvm.org/compatibility.php
kante_1

Post by kante_1 »

I didn´t mean which games are already compatibel!
I think of games which can be make compatible to ScummVM!
:P :P :D :wink:
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

kante_1 wrote:I didn´t mean which games are already compatibel!
I think of games which can be make compatible to ScummVM!
:P :P :D :wink:
If you're talking about the SCUMM engine, that narrows things down to a subset of LucasArts and Humongous Entertainment games. LucasArts because they designed the game engine, and Humongous Entertainment because they licensed and developed it further. I haven't heard of any other company licensing it.

But obviously, you're talking about games that ScummVM can or will run. The Engines page lists some work-in-progress engines, or games that could eventually be supported by existing engines. The "Future Engines" section should probably be taken with a pinch of salt. For instance, I don't think there has been any real news about Discworld for over a year.

Of course, there's always the possibility that someone will arrive out of the blue with a new engine and ask for it to be included into ScummVM. But there are so many interesting unsupported games out there, so even then it could just as well be for some completely unknown game as for any of the ones you mention. We don't get to pick and choose.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

And giving direct answer on your question (though, perhaps it's not what you want): all SCUMM games are known. Not supported in ScummVM are PC Engine/Turbografx 16 Loom and Apple IIgs Maniac Mansion and Zak McKracken. All other games are at least recognized by ScummVM.

All other games you mention are not SCUMM games. But that doesn't mean they could not be supported by ScummVM if someone will add support for their engines.

Eugene
ssdsa

Post by ssdsa »

sev wrote:Not supported in ScummVM are PC Engine/Turbografx 16 Loom and Apple IIgs Maniac Mansion and Zak McKracken.
I'm afraid Zak McKracken for Apple II was never released. At least, I've never seen a copy anywhere.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

ssdsa wrote:
sev wrote:Not supported in ScummVM are PC Engine/Turbografx 16 Loom and Apple IIgs Maniac Mansion and Zak McKracken.
I'm afraid Zak McKracken for Apple II was never released. At least, I've never seen a copy anywhere.
You're right. My mistake. Only Labyrinth and Maniac Mansion were released on Apple II.

Especially considering the fact that C64 MM is SCUMM v0 and C64 Zak is usual SCUMM v1, it becomes more clear why there is no Apple Zak.

Eugene
kante_1

OK, but...

Post by kante_1 »

THX for your Answers :D

Did anyone know somebody, who make other games compatible to ScummVM ?

Will the ScummVM - Team make new games compatible to ScummVM in the Future ?: If this is so, please make ToonStruck compatible, when this is possible :idea:

___________________T__O__O__N__S__T__R__U__C__K______________________________
sev
ScummVM Lead

Re: OK, but...

Post by sev »

kante_1 wrote:Will the ScummVM - Team make new games compatible to ScummVM in the Future ?
Yes, we just recently added support for Future Wars, Touche, Gobliins2 and Ween. More to come.
kante_1 wrote:If this is so, please make ToonStruck compatible, when this is possible
That's not that easy. Besides, do you have extra copies of the game?

Eugene
kante_1

Post by kante_1 »

SEV : That's not that easy. Besides, do you have extra copies of the game?
If I had it, wad should i do with this (send by mail to you) :idea:
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

sev wrote:That's not that easy. Besides, do you have extra copies of the game?
i dont want to sound rude, but what do the donations pay for?
clem

Post by clem »

PsYcO wrote: i dont want to sound rude, but what do the donations pay for?
IDA I guess (and slashdot, and paypal)
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

ssdsa wrote:
Yes, it does! :wink:
ssdsa

Post by ssdsa »

clone2727 wrote:
ssdsa wrote:I'm afraid Zak McKracken for Apple II was never released. At least, I've never seen a copy anywhere.
Yes, it does! :wink:
I suppose you mean this paragraph from the LucasArts 20th anniversary homepage:
LucasArts homepage wrote:Original Adventures
Maniac Mansion® (October 1987, IBM, Amiga, Atari ST, Commodore 64, Apple II, NES)
Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders® (October 1988, Commodore 64, PC, Amiga, Atari ST, Fujitsu FM Towns, Apple II)
I think the author of that pages wasn't at Lucasfilm Games from 1987 to 1989 and didn't really know what was actually released at that time. He searched some Lucasfilm archives or simply read the game manuals. In fact, the Zak McKracken manual actually mentions the Apple II, if I remember correctly. Any way, nobody has ever seen a copy of Zak McKracken for Apple II. You won't even find the files anywhere on the Internet. So, I suppose Zak for Apple II was planned but then never released.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

ssdsa wrote:I suppose you mean this paragraph from the LucasArts 20th anniversary homepage:
LucasArts homepage wrote:Original Adventures
Maniac Mansion® (October 1987, IBM, Amiga, Atari ST, Commodore 64, Apple II, NES)
Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders® (October 1988, Commodore 64, PC, Amiga, Atari ST, Fujitsu FM Towns, Apple II)
Oh. Yeah, but Google churned up that page first.