fzoo

Bug on Sam & Max (CD French)

Post by fzoo »

i've got a problemes with sam & max, but also with dott,
i've gor this messages :

Code: Select all

Looking for samnmax
Trying to start game 'Sam & Max Hit the Road'
WARNING: loadVOCFromStream: Invalid header!
WARNING: startSfxSound failed to load sound!
and I have no voice..

I try disk version, and it work well, I try the same file of my cd version with the same version of SCUMMvm (0.9.1) on an other computer and it work correctly, so i think i have a problem with my soundcard (Sound blaster Live! 5.1)

is sombody can help me ???

Fzoo
Herrscher

Post by Herrscher »

All I can say is that it fairly sure has NOT to do with your soundcard.

To clarify: You are not messing around files of the floppy disk version with files from the CD and "combine" them, do you?! :?:
fzoo

Post by fzoo »

I'm not sure i understand you well but i didn't combine any files, i just copy files from my CD from to my hard disk in a specific folder, not in the same folder of the disk version, but why the same games work on the other PC and not on mine ?? this is why i think about a hardware problem
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

fzoo wrote:I'm not sure i understand you well but i didn't combine any files, i just copy files from my CD from to my hard disk in a specific folder, not in the same folder of the disk version, but why the same games work on the other PC and not on mine ?? this is why i think about a hardware problem
Do you still get the same warnings if you temporarily rename or remove that monster.sou file? If so, there's probably some other monster.sou file that ScummVM finds first and tries to use.

If ScummVM can't find any monster.sou file at all, you should be getting a different warning instead. Probably "startTalkSound: SFX file is not open".
Herrscher

Post by Herrscher »

fzoo wrote:this is why i think about a hardware problem
This could be, but IMHO not from the soundcard.

As loadVOCFromStream - which produces this warning - seems to just read in some filestream and tries to make a VOC sound file from it, verifying some signature bytes which obviously fails.

Could also be that you've got some strange version...
// 0x100 is an invalid VOC version used by German version of DOTT (Disk) and French version of Simon the Sorcerer 2 (CD)
But I'm not an expert in any way of ScummVM, so maybe somebody with more knowledge will give you some hints... :D

EDIT: Oh, there already is one... 8) :lol:
fzoo

Post by fzoo »

ok thanks you for your help, eriktorbjorn your right it was a probleme with monster.sou, i have deleted the Scumm.ini file in windows directory and all my game works well now, thank you all for your help

Fzoo