Adding a directory structure to ScummVM?

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

iPwnzorz

Post by iPwnzorz »

ScummVM Directory Package and ScummVM unsorted

Two different packages, one for collectors, one for people like me who only want BASS, BS and MI or a little collection. But I think it would definately be needy if your gonna use the AGI Fanmade pack that was posted.
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

I really like MD5's idea about a checkbox to select an 'advanced' or 'collectors' mode.
Perhaps, for ease of use, there could be a popup upon first starting ScummVM that says "Choose Your Interface" with classic and advanced buttons
iPwnzorz

Post by iPwnzorz »

Or in the options.
Or in an INI.
Or as a separate package.
Or as a... <insert new idea here>
joachimeberhard
ScummVM Team Member

Post by joachimeberhard »

Yeah, making it optional certainly could help to convince some people here.

I think we should make a poll, after we have sorted out all reasonable options. :D
iPwnzorz

Post by iPwnzorz »

You got my vote for options.

Hey! What about a built-in style editor!
exofreeze
Banned

Post by exofreeze »

As an option I don't see any problem with it at all.
DarkSoul

Post by DarkSoul »

This is my ScummVM GUI. It's exactly what I wanted because ScummVM's GUI wasn't good enough in my opinion. But instead of bringing up a topic trying to get the devs to do something like this, I did it myself as I was more than capable, as I'm very sure most if not all of you are also more than capable. I like the devs to focus on the elements of ScummVM that most of us can't do, like getting our beloved classics to work again. I don't want them focusing on elements which people simply can't be bothered to do themselves, like the GUI.

Find a commandline based frontend, (I suggest 3DArcade at Mameworld) and do the GUI you exactly want... yourselves!!
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

Interesting... But, still doesn't sway me

Curse of Enchantia? :P
DarkSoul

Post by DarkSoul »

Yeah, that one is launched by DOSBox though. Was my first adventure game. Came on a multi-cd with my dad's first pc. Not the best adventure game out there but I still like it.
exofreeze
Banned

Post by exofreeze »

Darksoul - would it be possible to get the title screens and logos from you so I could skin 3D Arcade to look like that myself?

I built myself an upright emulator cabinet last year and have been running GameEx on it so far.... I'm really interested in 3D Arcade but it definately seems like a daunting task to get all 30+ emulators running again in a totally new frontend - not to mention renamed screen shots, boxes, cartscans, title shots, etc....

Starting with just Scumm might be a great way to jump in without drowning the first time.

I think it would be great to have a uniform front end for all my PC emulators rather then indivdual shortcuts to scummvm, dosbox, vdmsound, and the like.
DarkSoul

Post by DarkSoul »

You mean the marquees and flyers. The flyers are boxart screenshots from mobygames.com while the marquees are actual title screenshots from the game itself. I don't mind emailing them to you. PM me your email and I'll zip up the images and send them to you.
JamesWoodcock

Post by JamesWoodcock »

I suppose anyone worried about many catagories, a search box would be cool if possible?