Astraware Broken Sword

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

ADutchGuy

Astraware Broken Sword

Post by ADutchGuy »

Hi, I just got myself the demo of this Pocket PC title, and I think it looks great, especially the subtitles.

Code: Select all

http://www.astraware.com/
I'm still in doubt as to what to think about the "giving away" of hotspots, but still. I'm curious, what do my fellow scummVM fans think of this release, compared to using ScummVM to run the (compressed) original?

ADG
Adventureguy

Post by Adventureguy »

Well, I own the german Sold Out versions of Broken Sword 1+2 and I run them on my PDA quite well. I tried also the demo of BS1 on my PDA to see the differences.
The videos do run quite well in the PPC version which I can't say about the MPEG2 videos of BS1 of my Windows version on PocketScumm. I hope when ScummVM version 0.10.0 is released at anytime the dxa files of the Broken Sword games run more fluently than the MPEG2 files. The PPC version comes only with English talkie so far, yet with various subtitles for other languages like french, german, etc., but I prefer the voice acting of my german version.
So, imo I wouldn't buy the game twice just to use it on a PDA since you can get the PC version running on a PocketPC using PocketScumm. Also, only a English talkie version is available, so if you want to play BS in other languages just look for the normal PC version to use on your PDA.
Besides, BS2 wasn't released as official PPC version (yet?), so just get the Sold Out pack of BS1+2 if you don't have BS1+2 yet.
ADutchGuy

Post by ADutchGuy »

Nice wrap-up, Adventure-guy ;)

I myself do own the original pc-versions of the game, and love to play them using scummVM on my pc, but I thought more ppl would be interested in the way astraware "revived" it for ppc. Especially the different user interface makes the comparision interesting, imho...

ADG