Broken Sword 1, few issues sorted.

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

xsimmonsx

Broken Sword 1, few issues sorted.

Post by xsimmonsx »

I've been a follower of SCUMMVM for many years, and at the start of last year moved from PC/MAC and on to the PSP format, and it still amazing what this team of guys are producing.

I noticed many of the forum topics are from Broken Sword, last year I had problems with BS1 only at the Ireland cut scene, in which it just froze up & crashed the PSP, I tried copying the PSP save file over into the PC version (to get past the cut scene) and then resave, swap that back into the PSP save root & continue. This worked, however left me with no sound, subtitles or the ability to click anything. Once I entered the pub, it would just freeze again.

So if this helps anyone out, what I now do is:

Run both versions of the: '0.9.1svn test build' (333mhz) and the of the '0.8.0' on a 2gb stick. The latter (0.8.0) I run through the latest DevHook so that I can change the clock to 333mhz using the 1.5(flash) method.

This now allows me to not only stop the slight lag problem with cut scenes (the crow still lags at the start, but everything else is fine) but also allows me to get past the annoying Ireland problem I had in the past, as I just alternate between the two via the same save path. I am running a PSP with the 1.5v Firmware, the music files are MP3 and the video files are MP2, just in case you wondered

I had a few other games with similar problems, Day of the Tentacle was one (where you cleaned the cart & it rained), but I’ve not had time to test them with this method yet.

I hope this helps a few of you out with your issues

Oh & the 2gb stick was a sandisk from ebay £19 inc P&P & all my downloads I get from: www.psp-news.dcemu.co.uk, it’s a trusted site that ive used since my Dreamcast days & you’ll get no surprise Trojans & other crap.
Pheres

Re: Broken Sword 1, few issues sorted.

Post by Pheres »

xsimmonsx wrote:I've been a follower of SCUMMVM for many years, and at the start of last year moved from PC/MAC and on to the PSP format, and it still amazing what this team of guys are producing.

I noticed many of the forum topics are from Broken Sword, last year I had problems with BS1 only at the Ireland cut scene, in which it just froze up & crashed the PSP, I tried copying the PSP save file over into the PC version (to get past the cut scene) and then resave, swap that back into the PSP save root & continue. This worked, however left me with no sound, subtitles or the ability to click anything. Once I entered the pub, it would just freeze again.

So if this helps anyone out, what I now do is:

Run both versions of the: '0.9.1svn test build' (333mhz) and the of the '0.8.0' on a 2gb stick. The latter (0.8.0) I run through the latest DevHook so that I can change the clock to 333mhz using the 1.5(flash) method.

This now allows me to not only stop the slight lag problem with cut scenes (the crow still lags at the start, but everything else is fine) but also allows me to get past the annoying Ireland problem I had in the past, as I just alternate between the two via the same save path. I am running a PSP with the 1.5v Firmware, the music files are MP3 and the video files are MP2, just in case you wondered

I had a few other games with similar problems, Day of the Tentacle was one (where you cleaned the cart & it rained), but I’ve not had time to test them with this method yet.

I hope this helps a few of you out with your issues

Oh & the 2gb stick was a sandisk from ebay £19 inc P&P & all my downloads I get from: www.psp-news.dcemu.co.uk, it’s a trusted site that ive used since my Dreamcast days & you’ll get no surprise Trojans & other crap.
I had a post about this earlier. Are you saying you can actually see the cutscenes? Because I am unable to see any, because 0.91svn apparently does not have MPEG-2 support.