Innocent until caught 1 & 2 ?

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

parapente

Innocent until caught 1 & 2 ?

Post by parapente »

First of all I want to thank you for creating a great program like scummvm that helps us play some old but incredible games that we wouldn't be able to play on a modern system (at least not as it was meant to be played). I finally managed to play Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis to finish the game using the only path I didn't take in the past (the action path) :-)

I wanted to ask if there are any plans on supporting the Innocent Until Caught 1 & 2 games. I don't know if I could help with development that much but I'd be glad to help testing the games. The games seem to have a standard interface and no 3D graphics or any action sequences that would be of trouble.
clem

Re: Innocent until caught 1 & 2 ?

Post by clem »

parapente wrote:I wanted to ask if there are any plans on supporting the Innocent Until Caught 1 & 2 games. I don't know if I could help with development that much but I'd be glad to help testing the games. The games seem to have a standard interface and no 3D graphics or any action sequences that would be of trouble.
afaik ages ago the ScummVM team asked and the copyright holders of those games requested them not to be reverse-engineered
fac

Post by fac »

clem wrote: afaik ages ago the ScummVM team asked and the copyright holders of those games requested them not to be reverse-engineered
I can't finished the PC version because the game has a bug. Do they know that the patch is not available anymore? :roll:
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

fac wrote:
clem wrote: afaik ages ago the ScummVM team asked and the copyright holders of those games requested them not to be reverse-engineered
I can't finished the PC version because the game has a bug. Do they know that the patch is not available anymore? :roll:
Taken from the Abandonia forums:
I think I may have found a fix!!! It's a little complex, but it looks like I can play the whole game with sound again. Here's what I did:

To get Innocent Until Caught Working!!!

1. Right click innocent.exe and select "run compatible for win95"; "256 colors"; "run 640x480".
2. Run set_iuc and make sure ADLIB is selected for "soundcard"
3. Be careful with this step. Use it at your own risk, but this step is important because it makes the sound/music work. Edit c:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt (open with notepad). NOTE: Back up this file in case you need to revert back! The first section should look like this:

REM Install CD ROM extensions
lh %SystemRoot%\system32\mscdexnt.exe

REM Install network redirector (load before dosx.exe)
lh %SystemRoot%\system32\redir

REM Install DPMI support
lh %SystemRoot%\system32\dosx

Add REM statements in front of the three commands, so they look like
this:

REM Install CD ROM extensions
REM lh %SystemRoot%\system32\mscdexnt.exe

REM Install network redirector (load before dosx.exe)
REM lh %SystemRoot%\system32\redir

REM Install DPMI support
REM lh %SystemRoot%\system32\dosx

4. Play the game using Doxbox until you need to use the subway.
5. When you reach the station, but can't enter the subway train, save and quit the game.
5. Open the game again, without using dosbox (e.g. double click on innocent.exe)
6. Restore your last game in the subway station (the train that you weren't able to enter using dosbox).
7. Enter the subway train (now you can, only you don't have sound)
8. Exit the train and save the game in the subway station again (for example, instead of Badside, this time the sign says The Hill).
9. Now exit the game, and restart it using dosbox, restore the game when you were at the Hill (or any other section of town) and PRESTO! You should still have sound and should now be able to progress through the rest of the game.

Note: Everytime you need to travel on the subway, you need to follow steps 5-9. Sorry, but right now, this is the only way to play the game and still keep sound the entire time (except in the train itself.) Good luck!
fac

Post by fac »

Update: IUC 1 works ok with Ykhwong's Dosbox special build.
bundesdrucker

Post by bundesdrucker »

Sooo I hope somebody sees this (feel really bad for Necro-Bumping on my first post...)
While researching on the web I found this
https://github.com/digitall/scummvm/tree/innocent
What is the status of this being worked on? I sadly have no knowledge of the stability of this engine or anything related to it. Anyone from the official team can fill me in on the current status?
MarkAmiga500

Re:

Post by MarkAmiga500 »

bundesdrucker wrote: Wed May 16, 2012 6:37 pm Sooo I hope somebody sees this (feel really bad for Necro-Bumping on my first post...)
While researching on the web I found this
https://github.com/digitall/scummvm/tree/innocent
What is the status of this being worked on? I sadly have no knowledge of the stability of this engine or anything related to it. Anyone from the official team can fill me in on the current status?
Theses games are true gems of that era damn it
I HOPE scummVM team will work hard to get theses compatible with a future stable release now in 2022/2023 maybe ?