Nokia N73 Controls :|

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

vadimcostache

Nokia N73 Controls :|

Post by vadimcostache »

I'm having a lot of trouble trying to find the corresponding controls for F1,F2 etc. ... it's KILLING me ... im playing indiana jones and the fate of atlantis and i cannot save and i CANNOT QUIT the game :( ... can anybody help me out, please ?
frank_m24

Post by frank_m24 »

Hello,

well, this is very easy: The Save/Load/Options/Quit Menu appears with the "*" button, "#" is the skip button. Just play around with the keys, the N73 has not too much of them.
For other useful keys see here: http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/SymbianOS_FAQ

kind regards

Frank
vadimcostache

Post by vadimcostache »

nothing works ... it's really frustrating :|
i tried all 0-1 key modes and tried most of the possible combinations ... there's either a problem with N73 or with scummvm ? :-s someone help me out , please :|
Anzati

Post by Anzati »

I have an N73, and the only problem I have had with FATE is when you reach the balloon sequence and it crashes if you go off the edge of the screen.

I just this second finished testing the controls for the game, to save/load/quit etc is indeed '*' as it is with most Lucasarts titles on this version od ScummVM. As for the fighting, you just use the number keys. I just beat the bouncer in New York by repeatedly pressing the number '3' to punch.

So I don't think it is a problem with ScummVM or the N73 in general. However it may be a problem with your phone. I had to take mine back for a replacement the day after I bought it as the Bluetooth was buggered.
frank_m24

Post by frank_m24 »

Hallo,

@Anzati: I guess the FATE Problem is one of the known "vertical scroll bugs". It also appears in Sam&Max (and maybe others).

@vadimcostache: In don't know, whats going wrong at your phone, since using ScummVM for S60 V3 on the N73 is very easy: install and enjoy. At least for me.

kind regards

Frank
Anzati

Post by Anzati »

frank_m24 wrote:Hallo,@Anzati: I guess the FATE Problem is one of the known "vertical scroll bugs". It also appears in Sam&Max (and maybe others).
Yes I had this problem with Sam&Max at the ball of twine (did put in a bug report about that one), it also happened in 3 places in DOTT.

Have you played Gobliiins on the N73? I know I'm doing something silly, but I just can't figure out how to enter the level codes...
nandoquintao

Post by nandoquintao »

Anzati wrote:Have you played Gobliiins on the N73? I know I'm doing something silly, but I just can't figure out how to enter the level codes...
I can't enter the level codes and can't save game either. Nothing happens when I press the "*" key. Help please!
Noelemahc

Post by Noelemahc »

Don't know about the level codes (haven't played Gob 1 on a mobile), but in Gob 1 you can't save, you only GOT the codes.

In Gob 2 and all subsequent Gob engine games, to save you have to move the cursor to the upper edge of the screen so the drop-down menu would appear, highlight the diskette icon, click it and select "Save" from the resulting menu.

To enter the names, you use the oft-mentioned 0+1 button combination to enable multitap text entry, after which you will be able to enter the text as if writing an SMS.
nandoquintao

Post by nandoquintao »

Hey, thanks Noelemahc

But still cant't enter the level codes properly. The 0+1 button combination isn't working with Gob 1, I can only write numbers...
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

And use the latest svn version, since there is an input error with the offical 0.10.0 release.