goblins

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

pirikitos

goblins

Post by pirikitos »

is there someone that can run GOBLINS in SCUMMVM? Always when the game begins, my game closes and i can't play! ooohhhhhh man! that is so sad! hyahyahya! help me please!!!! i have scummvm 0.9
(sorry for the 'english' , i'm from BRAZIL)
sev
ScummVM Lead

Re: goblins

Post by sev »

Still read ScummVM FAQ on how to report bugs.

Eugene
IAF

Post by IAF »

i can play in the spanish version and scummvm 0.9.0
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

IAF wrote:i can play in the spanish version and scummvm 0.9.0
Spanish version of Gobliiins? Really interesting. Is this an official version or a fan translation? May you provide MD5 for it?

Eugene
fac

Post by fac »

I put this feature request in ScummVM SourceForge page [link]:

I put this here yesterday, but it's no longer here!

Code: Select all

Gobliiins is a fun game, and it could be a lot more if we could enjoy our errors. I think ScummVM should have a option to disable the energy bar.

I think the other Goblins games don't use it.
Since not everyone has a Sourceforge account, i placed here this message. Any comments?
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

fac wrote:I put this here yesterday, but it's no longer here!
It is there. Apparently your sf.net account points to wrong or non-existing e-mail address. Please, check that. Meanwhile, follow this link and find out that your request was rejected.

Eugene
fac

Post by fac »

sev wrote:It is there. Apparently your sf.net account points to wrong or non-existing e-mail address. Please, check that. Meanwhile, follow this link and find out that your request was rejected.

Eugene
My e-mail is ok, but i forgot about the e-mail notification. Since the topic is reject and closed this should be my last message about this subject:

sev: reloading takes us to the beginning of the level. It just takes us more time if we want to keep the full bar (repeating the level). And the spirit of the game didn't change much. All the puzzles are still there and have to be solved.

Figonfin: I didn't see that as a cheat. It wouldn't make the game a lot easy.
I was going to ask to be able to save/load the game, but then i thought it would be a lot easier to freeze the energy bar. Of course this shouldn't be used by default. It could be acessed by some key combination.

If you decide to keep your opinion i will respect it.

EDIT:

I think Fascination and Gobliiins use the same engine (or share part of it). See the next picture. I had to rename DISK0.STK to INTRO.STK and i was able to pass the copy protection, but after that ScummVM closed the window.

marc_max

Post by marc_max »

sev wrote:
IAF wrote:i can play in the spanish version and scummvm 0.9.0
Spanish version of Gobliiins? Really interesting. Is this an official version or a fan translation? May you provide MD5 for it?

Eugene
I have it too. I didn't know it was so special.
Even the CD version is multilanguage (spanish included).
Herrscher

Post by Herrscher »

fac wrote:I think Fascination and Gobliiins use the same engine (or share part of it). See the next picture. I had to rename DISK0.STK to INTRO.STK and i was able to pass the copy protection, but after that ScummVM closed the window.

Unfortunately I couldn't find the game on german, english and american ebay... :cry:
fac

Post by fac »

Herrscher wrote: Unfortunately I couldn't find the game on german, english and american ebay... :cry:
I think this game is not as commonly known as any goblins game. I think Coktel didn't sell many copies of Fascination, that's why it's hard to find it.

Have the ScummVM developers talked about Fascination? Is it worth to see if it shares the gob engine?
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

fac wrote: Have the ScummVM developers talked about Fascination? Is it worth to see if it shares the gob engine?
It does.

Eugene
fac

Post by fac »

sev wrote:
fac wrote: Have the ScummVM developers talked about Fascination? Is it worth to see if it shares the gob engine?
It does.

Eugene
But did you already knew this? Will this be usefull to ScummVM?