Cruise for a corpse - cruisE engine

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

skink

Cruise for a corpse - cruisE engine

Post by skink »

Hi!

I've read at wiki that Cruise for a corpse is not supported by cinE, but by cruisE engine. Can anyone tell me where can I find this engine to play Cruise for a corpse? Is there a chance that it will be included into ScummVM?
Jimbob

Re: Cruise for a corpse - cruisE engine

Post by Jimbob »

skink wrote:Hi!

I've read at wiki that Cruise for a corpse is not supported by cinE, but by cruisE engine. Can anyone tell me where can I find this engine to play Cruise for a corpse?
http://sourceforge.net/projects/cine
skink wrote:Is there a chance that it will be included into ScummVM?
I haven't got a clue for the answer to this question.
Kirben

Post by Kirben »

The cinE engine was added to ScummVM, since the project was no longer active and several developers of ScummVM wanted to merge and continue work on the cinE engine.

There are currently no plans to add the cruisE engine to ScummVM, since it is still in active development.
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

I should of mentioned in my original post, cruisE is listed in the CVS of the cinE project at Sourceforge.net.
timofonic

Post by timofonic »

Any news about this engine? It seems the CruisE engine project is still active but progressing slowly, maybe the author not resync the source code to the SVN fastly.

http://svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/cine/trunk/cruisE/

I hope the project progresses nicely, Cruise for a Corpse ia a great adventure game.

Adding it as another ScummVM engine could be nice too, but that's a decision to the CruisE developers.

Thanks to all great developers doing crazy reverse engineering for allowing to us (the stupid users) can play our preferred adventure games even on a toaster and with graphic filters if wanted ;)
karsten

Post by karsten »

As I would like to see the cruisE engine too (i really like the game), I think work should be done on the cinE engine first, as it is progressing slowly there (not meant as criticism), so it could be included in a stable scummvm version.
timofonic

Post by timofonic »

Any news about CruisE? I seen the CruisE SVN and it looks untouched since sixmonths... http://svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/cine/trunk/cruisE/

cruisE/ |173 | 6 months| yazoo | More pathfinder |
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Well if you want to know that, then don't ask here, don't ask us -- rather, ask the CruisE author!
timofonic

Post by timofonic »

fingolfin wrote:Well if you want to know that, then don't ask here, don't ask us -- rather, ask the CruisE author!
Does he is yazoo? I now sended him a message about this, I hope he not gets annoyed. Thanks a lot for the smart suggestion ;)
saulob

Post by saulob »

Ok, reading the SVN ChangeLog... found these two lines:

"
Updated configure and engines/engines.mk to include the cruise engine (disabled by default)

Added the English version of Cruise for a Corpse to the detector, fixed typo

Add cruise source code for scummvm
"

That's nice to hear :D

So It's coming.. nice :D

Thanks... I will be waiting ;)
timofonic

Post by timofonic »

Very great news. Thanks to the ScummVM Team! ;)
skink

Post by skink »

This are great news. Thanks ScummVM Team.
Track505

Post by Track505 »

Great! :D Hope it is playable soon.