TOUCHE' The Adventures of the Fifth Musketeer

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

spookypeanut
ScummVM Developer

Post by spookypeanut »

A quick ebay search shows this is gonna be a *really* hard game to get hold of for those who didn't get it first time round... shame, looks great from the screenshots :-(
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

spookypeanut wrote:A quick ebay search shows this is gonna be a *really* hard game to get hold of for those who didn't get it first time round... shame, looks great from the screenshots :-(
Well, kirben and eriktorbjorn already got their copies ;)
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

clone2727 wrote: Well, kirben and eriktorbjorn already got their copies ;)
Actually, I'm still waiting for mine. I do hope it's a genuine copy I've bought, and not something pirated...
spookypeanut
ScummVM Developer

Post by spookypeanut »

:shock:
No fair! I couldn't even find a reference to it on ebay, in completed or open items! Where did you get your copies from, people? Is there a special hidden website where sellers of old adventure games go?
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

spookypeanut wrote:Is there a special hidden website where sellers of old adventure games go?
eBay
noize

Post by noize »

Got mine actually as a gift to go along with my brand new bought Pentium 1.
It was so frustrating as it is not the easiest game, and because it was so rare even back then, I couldn't find a walk through anywhere, so I never finished it.
noize

Post by noize »

Just finished Touché today with cyx added engine.
It got some bugs, like an instant black screen,
but through save/loading Touché is finishable.

Let me know when you're ready for bug reports.
cappuchok

Post by cappuchok »

This is really interesting news - has anyone been able to track down the original authors and inquired as to their opinion on supporting the port (possibly with source code or other insights) or even re-issuing the game as freeware?

MobyGames page for the game, a good place to start for anyone trying to find the developers: http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/touch ... -musketeer

Edit: It seems C64 legend Ben Daglish had a hand in developing this game, he's credited for both the music and some coding.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

cappuchok wrote:This is really interesting news - has anyone been able to track down the original authors and inquired as to their opinion on supporting the port (possibly with source code or other insights) or even re-issuing the game as freeware?
I looked into it a little. The publisher U.S. Gold merged with CentreSoft to form CentreGold. CentreGold was bought by SCi Entertainment Group, which owns Eidos. I e-mailed them to see if they have the rights to it, but no response so far.
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

Ahem, the wiki: http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Touch ... _Musketeer
features a little description about the game, but has a major misinformation in it.

"Rouen" is the name of the city where the games takes place/starts,
the name of the main character is "Geoffroi Le Brun" :-)

btw: Now that this engine is in the SVN, can the devs move this to "General Discussion", maybe?
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

Raziel wrote:Ahem, the wiki: http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Touch ... _Musketeer
features a little description about the game, but has a major misinformation in it.

"Rouen" is the name of the city where the games takes place/starts,
the name of the main character is "Geoffroi Le Brun" :-)
Oops.... Will change :oops:
cappuchok

Post by cappuchok »

clone2727 wrote:
cappuchok wrote:This is really interesting news - has anyone been able to track down the original authors and inquired as to their opinion on supporting the port (possibly with source code or other insights) or even re-issuing the game as freeware?
I looked into it a little. The publisher U.S. Gold merged with CentreSoft to form CentreGold. CentreGold was bought by SCi Entertainment Group, which owns Eidos. I e-mailed them to see if they have the rights to it, but no response so far.
I've tried to make contact with Eidos about other games previously, and I also didn't get any reply. If Eidos are reluctant to answer our questions, perhaps Ben Daglish should be more easily located and contacted - but his website seems to be down at the moment...
Kaminari

Post by Kaminari »

One should take the opportunity to tell Ben that his MIDI tune "Rouen" is kind of buggy (a particular note remains suspended between loops).
oduverne

Post by oduverne »

Hello,

What files are required after compressing sounds?
Do I need the OBJ file.

Thank you and congratulation for the engine!
user57

Post by user57 »

For anyone still looking theres an auction on eBay for the game and its only a mere $125