ScummVM 0.9.1 "PalmOS revived" released

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

fingolfin
Retired

ScummVM 0.9.1 "PalmOS revived" released

Post by fingolfin »

We are pleased to announce the 0.9.1 ScummVM bugfix release.

There were lots of important bugfixes and small improvements. We are also glad that three additional platforms are now officially supported: Nintendo DS, GP2X and GP32. You can already download official DS and GP2X binaries, and the GP32 port will be available soon.

Some of the most significant bugfixes are:
  • Many fixes for Humongous Entertainment games and better support for international versions of the games
  • Improved detection of the FM-TOWNS version of Indy3
  • Several fixes for The Feeble Files and more non-English versions are supported now
  • Some parts of the Kyrandia engine were rewritten so the game needs less CPU power now, and thus works better on lower-end devices
  • The PSP, PS2 and WinCE ports were greatly improved
  • The PalmOS port is again up-to-date and features separate build for Tapwave Zodiac
  • The WinCE port supports 2002 devices again
For the complete list read the release notes.

As usual, the builds are located on our downloads page.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

All I can say is YAY!!!!!!!!! :D
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

Biiig Thumb UP :-D
Dwyloc

Post by Dwyloc »

It's good to see WinCE 2002 support back again now I can update the version of scummvm installed on my iPAQ 3950.

Anyway thanks again for another release and keep up the good work :D
crabfists

Post by crabfists »

Hi. Sorry to have such a negative first post but the link to the PalmOS build is dead. Great news though, been wanting to play the latest version on my Palm for a while. :)
Adventureguy

Post by Adventureguy »

Cool. 8) Gotta download this now. I hope the recent PocketPC build is supporting some games like BS1 and BS2 better than the older one. Big thanks to you, guys :) .
edit: Say, there is no support for the new compression method of the dxa files of The Feeble Files. Nor is there this new dxa support for the videos of the Broken Sword games. *sigh* And I thought in the next release those features would be included :( .
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Adventureguy wrote: edit: Say, there is no support for the new compression method of the dxa files of The Feeble Files. Nor is there this new dxa support for the videos of the Broken Sword games. *sigh* And I thought in the next release those features would be included :( .
That should be included in the next major release, yes. But not in what's primarily a bugfix release.
Kaminari

Post by Kaminari »

Adventureguy wrote:And I thought in the next release those features would be included :( .
You certainly have noted that this update is called 0.9.1. Don't confuse this release with the 0.10 beta branch, which includes the feature you're mentioning.