Sam and Max Spanish CD Version and the room 41 crash

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

SiRoCs

Sam and Max Spanish CD Version and the room 41 crash

Post by SiRoCs »

Hi!

I know that a thread with the same topic as this was closed, and therefore I can't post a reply. So excuse me for repeating data :\

I have a problem playing Sam and Max spanish CD-Rom version. When trying to enter the Frog Rock stage, the game crashes and the debugger pops up saying that "room 41 not in room 41 at 739351+0 in file samnmax.001". There's an open bug in sourceforge about this exact problem, but nobody has pronounced with an aproximation to the solution or a word about the bug being fixed or investigated.

any news?¿ what's the status of this? And yes, I have tried to re-copy the files to the hard-disk and blah blah, but the result is the same, unfortunately.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Well, as it is clearly stated on our Forum Rules, this is not the place for discussing bugs with developers. Some of them even don't visit forums too often, so bugtracker is the only way to go.

As of your bug, as it was explained on the tracker, it is difficult to work without a game copy. So unless someone will be really really devoted and will work blindly, using you as a tester, you have option to send either your copy of the game or buy one for interested developer.

Eugene
weirdzod

Post by weirdzod »

sev wrote:it is difficult to work without a game copy.
Oh man!!! Use eMule, don't be a sucker!!! This game is abandonware!!! The Sam & Max's creators don't love this game.

Anarchy!!
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

weirdzod wrote: Oh man!!! Use eMule, don't be a sucker!!! This game is abandonware!!! The Sam & Max's creators don't love this game.

Anarchy!!
The creators of Sam & Max Hit the Road are not the problem. The owners are, and they have all the money from the Star Wars franchise at their disposal if they ever decide to enforce that ownership.

I, for one, have no desire to provide them with any reasons whatsoever to do so.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

weirdzod wrote:
sev wrote:it is difficult to work without a game copy.
Oh man!!! Use eMule, don't be a sucker!!! This game is abandonware!!! The Sam & Max's creators don't love this game.

Anarchy!!
Want to be permanently banned on these forums? You just violated 5 of our Forum Rules. Read before post.

Eugene
weirdzod

Post by weirdzod »

Well, then I will buy the game and send it to you... but only if you fix the bug.

Where I can find the spanish version of this game????

I will Buy it, but first I have to find it...
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

We will try our best to fix a bug if somebody donates the corresponding game, but of course we can't give a gurantee (though in this case it should hopefully not be so hard).

As where to buy it: No idea, but an educated guess would be in Spain or any other spanish speaking country, resp. on the spanish ebay (I assume there is such a thing at least). But beware, it seems there are two spanish versions, one which is affected by this problem, and one which isn't... Of course, if one comes across the "good" version, one could ask one of the people who owns a "bad" copy whether they would be willing to donate it, in exchange for the "good" one...
weirdzod

Post by weirdzod »

well...
What is the "bad" version??
How i can see what is the "bad" or "good" version??