i need help with installing scummvm on my psp, please!!!

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Bonnesen

i need help with installing scummvm on my psp, please!!!

Post by Bonnesen »

hello, im new to all of this psp stuff, and i just don't know how to install scumm-vm on my psp. i can't seem to find any info on installation in the readme or anything slightly informative. please help!
Bonnesen

Post by Bonnesen »

allright, i've been getting into this eloader stuff, and im trying to downgrade my psp to 1.50... i downloaded the downgrade stuff, but my version lacks the "DOWNGRADER/2.60/DOWNDATERTEST" folders, that is pretty much essential for the downgrade. please some one help med find them.

oh and thanks by the way.

*edit*

oh i suck! - i got the files now. but i don't know about the "wait for a 1.50 member to pass something on to me" can anyone help me on that issue?
Tooplex

Post by Tooplex »

Go on this page to get the full pakage of the 2.5/2.6 downgrader all you have to do is download it then extract it and put it in your psp there is a read me in the download oh by the way its the bottem download

Heres the site: http://www.planetpsp.org/downloads.php?cat_id=15
Bonnesen

Post by Bonnesen »

wow thank you man, i succesfully downgraded my psp to version 1.5 now. but now i got a new problem. hahahaha. i can't play any games / or install scumm vm. because my psp is to old, anyone, please help. or well, it says that i have to update it to play anything.

im sorry that im such a noob, but i bought my psp just because i saw that it was possible to play scumm games on it, through videos on youtube.

again thank you.
Tooplex

Post by Tooplex »

ok dude heres what you do download scummvm 0.9.0 from the download screen on scummvm's main page make sure its the psp version or it wont work after it has downloaded extract the file anywhere on your computer doesnt matter where after that go to the scummvm folder you just extracted and in it it will have another folder called 1.50 eboot go in that and in there, there should be two folders one of them should have a % sign at the start of it copy those two files to your game folder in your psp using a cable to connect the psp and pc then on your psp go in your game menu and select scummvm then tell me if you have got to the scummvm screen.

Sorry if its a bit long-winded im tired and doing this quick so i can go to bed now hope it helps ^_^
Bonnesen

Post by Bonnesen »

i owe you man! it works now and it's just awesome. THANKS ALLOT!!!

but how do i play my umd games again?!
kraft

Post by kraft »

You must download devhook 0.45 it emulates Firmware 2.71 so you can emulate any UMD game there is available at the moment. you will find a self extracter somewhere on the homepage here www.psp-hacks.com
Tooplex

Post by Tooplex »

You can get the full pakage here this has devhook 0.45 and the 2.71 dump files:

http://www.planetpsp.org/downloads.php? ... oad_id=249

dont need to ask anyone mate i know evreything about the psp!
Alexander34

Post by Alexander34 »

kraft wrote:You must download devhook 0.45 it emulates Firmware 2.71 so you can emulate any UMD game there is available at the moment. you will find a self extracter somewhere on the homepage here www.psp-hacks.com
even GTA LCS?
Tooplex

Post by Tooplex »

I think so but ive never tried it (im not a big fan of gta)
kraft

Post by kraft »

Alexander34 wrote:
kraft wrote:You must download devhook 0.45 it emulates Firmware 2.71 so you can emulate any UMD game there is available at the moment. you will find a self extracter somewhere on the homepage here www.psp-hacks.com
even GTA LCS?
yes even gta, any game up to FW 2.71
Indiana Jones

Post by Indiana Jones »

do you need GTALCS to use scummvm on psp? and if so what is it used for?
wololo

Post by wololo »

Indiana Jones wrote:do you need GTALCS to use scummvm on psp? and if so what is it used for?
No, you don't.