Problems compiling SVN tools on OS X PPC + Fink

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Whomper

Problems compiling SVN tools on OS X PPC + Fink

Post by Whomper »

I've managed to decode the Broken Sword smacker files into PNG + WAV using Virtual PC (which was actually incredibly fast - presumably because it was writing 1000+ png files to RAM rather than to a physical harddrive), and now I'm trying to compile the latest tools to use encode_dxa.

SVN Revision 23928.

When I try to compile, I get the following error:

encode_dxa.cpp:27:17: error: png.h: No such file or directory

Followed by a whole bundle of other errors when the compiler looks for the relevant file. To fix this, I installed libpng and libpng3 + libpng3-shlibs in Fink, and /sw/include now has a png.h.

However, compilation still isn't seeing it. I've tried manually editing the cpp file to point at the png.h file - then succeeds, but fails at the linking stage, as it doesn't like -lpng.

Any suggestions, short of sticking a symbolic link into /usr/include? I'm sure there's something very simple that I'm missing.
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Simply type

export CPPFLAGS=-I/sw/include
export LDFLAGS=-L/sw/lib

before invoking "make" (assuming you use bash, other shells may need other commands). In fact I keep those in my .profile. Alternatively, you could edit the Makefile to add the -I / -L switches to the appropraite places.

This is also covered by the Fink FAQ, BTW: http://fink.sourceforge.net/faq/usage-g ... ile-myself
Whomper

Post by Whomper »

Thank you muchly! I would have sworn I checked the Fink FAQ :oops:

I note this also means that I don't have to feed prefix dirs to Configure ScummVM builds. Now to see if I can get this DXA coding to work!