Broken sword Siria

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

nightiger

Broken sword Siria

Post by nightiger »

Hi guys,
I arrived to the siria location but I can't get the street-cleaner of the meat seller.
Is it a bug?
Tnx
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Broken sword Siria

Post by eriktorbjorn »

nightiger wrote:Hi guys,
I arrived to the siria location but I can't get the street-cleaner of the meat seller.
Is it a bug?
Tnx
There's no street cleaner in Broken Sword 1. If you mean the toilet brush, you didn't say what you've tried so far to solve that puzzle.

It worked the last time I tried it, which was admittedly quite a while ago.
nightiger

Post by nightiger »

eriktorbjorn wrote:There's no street cleaner in Broken Sword 1. If you mean the toilet brush, you didn't say what you've tried so far to solve that puzzle.

It worked the last time I tried it, which was admittedly quite a while ago.
Yes I mean the toilet brush... but I don't know why I can't try to get the toilet brush the first time.
I know that after the first time I can ask to the kid to get the toilet brush for me.
Why?
Tnx
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

nightiger wrote: Yes I mean the toilet brush... but I don't know why I can't try to get the toilet brush the first time.
I know that after the first time I can ask to the kid to get the toilet brush for me.
Why?
Tnx
It makes sense to me. Until he's seen the locked door at the club, and spoken to Ultar about it, George doesn't know he's looking for a toilet brush. It's only after that he even notices that's what the kebab seller is using.
nightiger

Post by nightiger »

eriktorbjorn wrote:It makes sense to me. Until he's seen the locked door at the club, and spoken to Ultar about it, George doesn't know he's looking for a toilet brush. It's only after that he even notices that's what the kebab seller is using.
I did... I used a guide to be me sure that I didn't forget anything.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

nightiger wrote: I did... I used a guide to be me sure that I didn't forget anything.
I don't know about Broken Sword 1, but if all walkthroughs were correct, we'd get a lot fewer bug reports about The Dig, that's for sure. :)

I played through the beginning of the Syria section, just far enough to get the brush. It seems that at the very least, you will have to:

[spoiler space - last chance to turn back]

• Try to open the bathroom door. Until you do that, you won't be able to examine the sign.
  • Examine the sign on the door. Until you do that, you won't be able to ask Ultar to translate it for you and, more importantly, you won't know about the missing brush.
  • Examine the kebab seller. Until you do that, you won't know where the brush is, and can't ask Nejo for help getting it.
Are you sure you did all of these steps?
nightiger

Post by nightiger »

eriktorbjorn wrote:Are you sure you did all of these steps?
Yes, I'm :'(
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

nightiger wrote:
eriktorbjorn wrote:Are you sure you did all of these steps?
Yes, I'm :'(
In that case, I suggest you file a bug report and attach the relevant savegame.
sasa89

Post by sasa89 »

i played through the whole broken sword 1 game some weeks ago.
i remember i was stuck on this part too....
you have to examine the kebab-man (or the -store?) with the RIGHT mouse-button.....
:wink:

after i realized that i felt kinda stupid :lol: