Saving on an ibook

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Freuni

Saving on an ibook

Post by Freuni »

I have installed ScummVM on my iBook G4 (which runs Mac OS X 10.4.7) and it runs very smoothly. All my LucasArts games are running perfectly, it's a real pleasure. I just have one little problem, I can't save them.
The F5 key (which summons the save menu on the PC) is used for the volume, so whenever I press it, I'm raising the volume. I have tried the ctrl + 1-9 but it has no effect. I also tried the Apple key but nothing happens.
I'm sure I'm not the only one who has had this problem.
I'm requesting your help here... I really want to play to Zak Mc Kraken again, but I need to know how to save before doing so!
Thank you very much (in advance) for your help.
And thank you for ScummVM. It's just amazing!
Kroc

Post by Kroc »

By default, the Function keys on Mactops control the hardware features. You can temporarily override this by pressing Fn+F5 to get the actual F5 key, or turn off the F-Lock by going to Preferences / Keyboards, and unticking 'use function keys to control hardware features'. Then your F5 key will work as a regular F5 key, and Fn+F5 will control the volume.

Hope this helps.
Kroc.
Freuni

Post by Freuni »

It works! Thanks a million!
I'm so happy, you really made my day! Thanks again!
Kroc

Post by Kroc »

Another cool tip. Try pressing Alt/Option + a function key (or Alt+Fn+Function key if you've just switched off F-Lock). Voila, instant preferences :3