Curse Of Monkey Island Question

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Conroy Bumpus

Curse Of Monkey Island Question

Post by Conroy Bumpus »

How does the game look and play on PSP is all okay? Also overall how much room does it take up on your memory stick when copying over the contents of the Resource folder and the COMI.LA0,COMI.LA1 and
COMI.LA2 files?

I'm using a 1GB memory stick if that helps
AlabasterSlim

Post by AlabasterSlim »

I think it was just over 1GB for me for both CDs. I have a 2GB stick.

The game looked fantastic, but at times it was a bit slow. You might want to try just playing 1CD at a time instead of loading both of them.

Why don't you just try it out and let us know?
Track505

Post by Track505 »

You can Compress the Sound etc. And it goes down to 550-570 Mb. Both CDs! I have used ogg format. Same with many other Games.
Bonnesen

Post by Bonnesen »

how do i compress the sound then?!
clem

Post by clem »

Bonnesen wrote:how do i compress the sound then?!
you need the ScummVM tools package (from the downloads page), and an audio encoder (lame or oggenc) - I think the tools come with a README too

clem
vwguy

For the DOS Illiterate (me)

Post by vwguy »

I read the read me for The tools for compressing COMI audio but I can;t seem to get it to work, Can any of you please help me out here? Like I said I am a complete Idiot with DOS
gottenx

Help me Please!

Post by gottenx »

Okay, I have found my old cds of Monkey Island 3. Now the question is, how do I put both cds into the memory stick? I copied the irst cd and I am able to play it, but I don't know how to put the 2nd cd file since the name of the folder and some files' got the same name.

Also, can someone explain in detail how to do this and also to compress the sound so I can save some space in the MS? Thank you very much!
clem

Re: Help me Please!

Post by clem »

gottenx wrote:Okay, I have found my old cds of Monkey Island 3. Now the question is, how do I put both cds into the memory stick? I copied the irst cd and I am able to play it, but I don't know how to put the 2nd cd file since the name of the folder and some files' got the same name.
try the README, section 3.6

Code: Select all

http://svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/*checkout*/scummvm/scummvm/tags/release-0-9-1/README">http://svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/*checkout*/scummvm/scummvm/tags/release-0-9-1/README
gottenx

Post by gottenx »

Thanx dude, even though I already had done that.. I wanted to make sure that was the way to do it. Cheers, now, back to my game.
gottenx

URGENT HELP!!! PLZ

Post by gottenx »

Hello there. My happiness lasted short, the game starts fine but in the CMI - The Monkeys are Listening (THX parody) screen, the game freezes. How can I fix that?
Booger

Post by Booger »

there we go to firlm and verson of ScummVM
some have proboms whit the MP3 sound
gottenx

Post by gottenx »

I am using a PSP fw 2.0, eloader 0.97 and the latest SCUMM version (0.9.1). Any help here will be hot! Thanx in advance.
wololo

Post by wololo »

gottenx wrote:I am using a PSP fw 2.0, eloader 0.97 and the latest SCUMM version (0.9.1). Any help here will be hot! Thanx in advance.
Monkey Island 3 has been reported NOT to work on eloader. Use the search feature of the forum for more info
http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php ... light=comi
Booger

Post by Booger »

and when i used eloader before i downgraded to 1.50 games that had MP3 sound like fotaq it started to frezze so the eloader dont like MP3 sounds u have to have it in OGG or somthing
gottenx

Post by gottenx »

okay, I downgraded to 1.5 and the game loads fine, however in some parts, it is too slow and almost unplayable. For example in Puerto Pollo, Guybrush walks pretty slow, and when dueling the pirate using the banjo is quite hard to move the cursor to the strings. How can I improve the performance of the game? Thanx in advance.