Flight of the Amazon Queen in Spanish

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Adventure_Knight

Flight of the Amazon Queen in Spanish

Post by Adventure_Knight »

Please, someone can help me to find the spanish version of Flight of the Amazon Queen?
clem

Re: Flight of the Amazon Queen in Spanish

Post by clem »

Adventure_Knight wrote:Please, someone can help me to find the spanish version of Flight of the Amazon Queen?
I'm not sure if the Spanish version is officially freeware (I only know about the English and German versions by now) - any project leads able to clear that up?

anyway, eBay could probably help

clem
Threepwood

Post by Threepwood »

The German version ist freeware? Where can i get it?
Adventureguy

Post by Adventureguy »

Threepwood wrote:The German version ist freeware? Where can i get it?
Here!
Have fun with that version, but one tip for you, though. Turn off the voices because it sounds AWFULL imho! I think the company who translated the game was very stingy in choosing good voice actors. Imo they sound like they are bored or underpaid or maybe both. If I had paid for that version, I'd want my money back! But then again, this version is freeware so I can't really complain.
Adventure_Knight

Amd the Spanish version? It MUST be freeware here, the LucasArts games are also freeware on Spain, but I really want to play AND understand Flight of the Amazon Queen.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Adventure_Knight wrote:the LucasArts games are also freeware on Spain
I find that hard to believe.
sasa89

Post by sasa89 »

Adventure_Knight wrote:the LucasArts games are also freeware on Spain
huh?? you mean e.g. Monkey Island 1 & 2 and so on??!

why should they be free on Spain but not on English or German??!
Adventure_Knight

The Curse of Monkey Island, Full Throttle and Grim Fandango are still being published by Erbe, the company that has the rights to publish these games on spanish, but the earlier games (Monkey 1 and 2, Zak McKracken, etc.) are freeware.
abelthorne

Post by abelthorne »

Adventure_Knight wrote:The Curse of Monkey Island, Full Throttle and Grim Fandango are still being published by Erbe, the company that has the rights to publish these games on spanish, but the earlier games (Monkey 1 and 2, Zak McKracken, etc.) are freeware.
Have they officially been announced as freeware by their former local publisher, or do you assume that they are because they're not sold anymore ?
clem

Post by clem »

abelthorne wrote:
Adventure_Knight wrote:the earlier games (Monkey 1 and 2, Zak McKracken, etc.) are freeware.
Have they officially been announced as freeware by their former local publisher, or do you assume that they are because they're not sold anymore ?
either way, LucasArts probably still holds the rights on the interpreter, gfx and characters of these games
kelmer

Post by kelmer »

Adventure_Knight wrote:The Curse of Monkey Island, Full Throttle and Grim Fandango are still being published by Erbe, the company that has the rights to publish these games on spanish, but the earlier games (Monkey 1 and 2, Zak McKracken, etc.) are freeware.
Erbe disappeared in 1999 (Grim Fandango wasn't even published by them in the first place), so that's highly unlikely. Those games you mention (along with Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis and The Dig) were recently published in DVD case reeditions by Activision.

None of this means, of course, that the other games are freeware in Spain. As far as I know, LucasArts holds the rights for both the games and the translations, so the chances of seeing any of them released as freeware are exactly the same as in any other part of the world.
Adventure_Knight

Well, but anyways doesn't someone know where can I get Flight of the Amazon Queen on spanish?
clem

Post by clem »

Adventure_Knight wrote:Well, but anyways doesn't someone know where can I get Flight of the Amazon Queen on spanish?
unless it is confirmed freeware, you won't get help on that here I think
Adventure_Knight

The company said that the game is free, no?
clem

Post by clem »

Adventure_Knight wrote:The company said that the game is free, no?
the company said the English version is free
the company said the German version is free

but the Spanish translation was probably done by another company, so we don't know