Broken Sword 2 will not load on 0.9.0 build on PSP.

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Weaver1497

Broken Sword 2 will not load on 0.9.0 build on PSP.

Post by Weaver1497 »

First off I would like to thank everyone involved with Scumm. This is an amazing piece of software.

Now to my problem, I have Broken Sword 2 compressed with all the same files as the other poster posted a few days ago under the topic "Some games work on PC but not PSP" I have gotten BS2 to work on 0.9.0 build for the PC and I also got it to work on the 0.8.2 build for the PSP.

On the 0.9.0 build for the PSP the game is recognized added to the Scumm selection list, then when you select the game to load. It just hangs there... nothing. When you do this on the 0.8.2 build for the PSP the game has a second of garbled graphics on the screen and then straight into the intro and then is fully playable. But can not even load with he latest build. Why does it NOT load on 0.9.0 build? and Can it be corrected? Thank you for your time.
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

Which firmware is your PSP? Are you using eloader?
Weaver1497

Post by Weaver1497 »

I have a 2.0 and Im using the eLoader specifically the tiff exploit. Meaning no GTA umd.
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

Weaver1497 wrote:I have a 2.0 and Im using the eLoader specifically the tiff exploit. Meaning no GTA umd.
eLoader has been known to cause very weird issues with ScummVM (0.9.0, atleast) and I wouldn't be surprised if this was one of them.

As I don't have a >=2.00 FW PSP there's nothing I can do.
You might consider either downgrading to 1.50, installing a mod-chip, or donating a PSP to fix the problem. :)